Our mission is to enhance the understanding and management of orbital and external diseases, and to enhance the understanding and knowledge of retinal physiology and diseases and imaging, in particular ocular angiogenesis in diabetic retinopathy and age related macular degeneration.
In addition, we seek to enhance the understanding and knowledge of gene function in hereditary ocular dystrophies by performing basic, translational and clinical research. Finally our department wishes to enhance the understanding of the physiology of the visual pathways.
- 9-12 PhD-theses;
- Results expected of the BRAMD study on Avastin / Lucentis;
- Follow up studies on RP12 and Stargardt disease.
- Orbital & external diseases, in particular Graves’ orbitopathy
- Retinal diseases, in particular angiogenesis and imaging
- Ophthalmogenetics, in particular gene therapy for hereditary retinal diseases
- Physiology of the visual pathways.