We are happy to announce the new Medical Microbiology and Infection Prevention Departmental seminars.
The last two years have been a challenging time for our department because of both the merger and the coronavirus pandemic. During this time, our department has expanded with many new people joining and others leaving. Importantly, because of the pandemic, we’ve had few opportunities to come together as a department.
To help us connect and get to know one another, we will start a new program of departmental seminars at 4pm on the first Thursday of each month. For the academic year 2021/22, these seminars will be given by research group leaders from our department. This will help all of us with a broad overview of the excellent research that goes on in our department and hopefully help us find new opportunities to work together.
When corona rules allow, these seminars will be in person and followed by a borrel (like the monthly borrels we had before the pandemic). However, for now, the seminars will be virtual.
We hope that all of you will attend.
All the best,
Colin, Nina, Menno
Calendar – 4-5pm:
07 October 2021 - Colin Russell, Nina van Sorge 04 November 2021 - Diederik van de Beek, Marit van Gils
- 02 December 2021 - Brooke Nichols, Constance Schultsz
- 06 January 2021 - Menno de Jong, Alje van Dam
- 03 February 2022 - Rogier Sanders, Katja Wolthers
- 03 March 2022 - Daniel Mende, Wilbert Bitter
- 07 April 2022 - Janke Schinkel, Henk Schallig
- 05 May 2022 - Atze Das, Coen Kuijl
- 02 June 2022 - Lia van der Hoek, Bas Zaat
- 07 July 2022 - Ben Berkhout, Yvonne Pannekoek
- 04 August 2022 - Elena Herrera Carrillo, Edith Houben