B.M.W. Cornelissen MSc
- PhD Candidate, Research Associate
- Main activities
- Intracranial aneurysms, Hemodynamics, Brain imaging
- Focus of research
The focus of my research project is the improvement of rupture risk prediction and effectiveness of treatment of intracranial aneurysms.
By using 7T MRI, the relation between wall properties (thickness and enhancement) and hemodynamics will be investigated. These images will be acquired in patients with growing and stable aneurysms, in order to:
- identify novel imaging markers that differentiate between aneurysms with different risks of growth or rupture,
- identify new targets for treatment of patients with aneurysms,
- develop and extend clinical prediction models on the growth of intracranial aneurysms and the risk of rupture.
The effectiveness of treatment may be improved by understanding the morphological and hemodynamic changes that the aneurysm will undergo after endovascular treatment. The goal of this project is to improve treatment results by evaluating the effect of:
- hemodynamics on aneurysm recurrence after endovascular treatment,
- stents and flow diverters on aneurysmal hemodynamics.