- Veldhuis-Vlug AG, Rosen CJ, Mechanisms of marrow adiposity and its implications for skeletal health. METABOLISM 2017;67:106-114 [PubMed]
- Limonard EJ, Veldhuis-Vlug AG, van Dussen L, Runge JH, Tanck MW, Endert E, Heijboer AC, Fliers E, Hollak CE, Akkerman EM, Bisschop PH, Short-Term Effect of Estrogen on Human Bone Marrow Fat. J BONE MINER RES 2015;30 (11):2058-2066 [PubMed]
- Veldhuis-Vlug AG, Oei L, Souverein PC, Tanck MWT, Rivadeneira F, Zillikens MC, Kamphuisen PW, Maitland-van der Zee AH, de Groot MCH, Hofman A, Uitterlinden AG, Fliers E, de Boer A, Bisschop PH, Association of polymorphisms in the beta-2 adrenergic receptor gene with fracture risk and bone mineral density. OSTEOPOROSIS INT 2015;26 (7):2019-2027 [PubMed]
- Veldhuis-Vlug AG, Tanck MW, Limonard EJ, Endert E, Heijboer AC, Lips P, Fliers E, Bisschop PH, The effects of beta-2 adrenergic agonist and antagonist on human bone metabolism: a randomized controlled trial. BONE 2015;71:196-200 [PubMed]
- Veldhuis-Vlug AG, El Mahdiui M, Endert E, Heijboer AC, Fliers E, Bisschop PH, Bone Resorption Is Increased in Pheochromocytoma Patients and Normalizes following Adrenalectomy. J CLIN ENDOCR METAB 2012;97 (11):E2093-E2097 [PubMed]
Annegreet Veldhuis-Vlug (1982) is currently a clinical fellow in Endocrinology in the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam and a postdoctoral researcher at the Center for Clinical and Translational Research at Maine Medical Center Research Institute in Scarborough, USA.
She received her MD in 2007 (Leiden University) and during her medical studies she participated in several masterclasses and performed student research (honours programme) in the department of Nephrology of the Leiden University Medical Center and the Schoenberger lab at the La Jolla Institute of Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, USA. After graduating from medical school, she worked as an internal medicine resident in the ‘s Lands Hospitaal in Paramaribo, Surinam and started her training in Internal Medicine in the Medical Center Haaglanden in the Hague, the Netherlands in 2008. She interrupted her clinical training for a 3-year PhD project on the neuroendocrine regulation of human bone metabolism at the University of Amsterdam where she obtained her PhD in 2015. She won several poster and presentation awards.
During her PhD project, she started a collaboration with prof. Clifford Rosen on bone marrow adiposity and bone metabolism and together they wrote two invited reviews on marrow adiposity. To continue this line of research, she joined prof. Rosen his lab at the Maine Medical Center Research Institute in May 2017. She obtained a prestigious Rubicon Fellowship from the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research, a Short-Term Fellowship from the European Society for Endocrinology and an A3 grant from the Catharine van Tussenbroek Fund.
She was elected International Endocrine Scholar by the European Society of Endocrinology in 2017 and member of the European Calcified Tissue Society Academy in 2017.
- None reported
- None reported