- van de Giessen M, Foumani M , Vos FM, Strackee SD, Maas M, van Vliet LJ, Grimbergen CA, Streekstra GJ, A 4D Statistical Model of Wrist Bone Motion Patterns. IEEE T MED IMAGING 2012;31 (3):613-625 [PubMed]
- van Zwieten R, van Oirschot BA, Veldthuis M, Dobbe JG, Streekstra GJ, van Solinge WW, Schutgens REG, van Wijk R, Partial pyruvate kinase deficiency aggravates the phenotypic expression of band 3 deficiency in a family with hereditary spherocytosis. AM J HEMATOL 2015;90 (3):E35-E39 [PubMed]
- Sierink JC, Treskes K, Edwards MJR, Beuker BJA, den Hartog D, Hohmann J, Dijkgraaf MGW, Luitse JSK, Beenen LFM , Hollmann MW, Goslings JC [Contributors: Saltzherr TP, Schep NWL, Streekstra GJ, van Lieshout EMM, Patka P, Klimek M, van Vugt R, Tromp TJN, Brink M, Harbers JS, El Moumni M, Wendt KW, Bingisser R, Ummenhofer W, Bless N]] , Immediate total-body CT scanning versus conventional imaging and selective CT scanning in patients with severe trauma (REACT-2): a randomised controlled trial. LANCET 2016;388 (10045):673-683 [PubMed]
- Dobbe JGG, Strackee SD, Schreurs AW, Jonges R , Carelsen B, Vroemen JC, Grimbergen CA, Streekstra GJ, Computer-assisted planning and navigation for corrective distal radius osteotomy, based on pre- and intraoperative imaging. IEEE T BIO-MED ENG 2011;58 (1):182-190 [PubMed]
- Dvinskikh NA, Blankevoort L, Strackee SD, Grimbergen CA, Streekstra GJ, The effect of lunate position on range of motion after a four-corner arthrodesis: a biomechanical simulation study. J BIOMECH 2011;44 (7):1387-1392 [PubMed]
Geert Streekstra received his master degree in Technical Physics at the Twente University in Enschede in 1988. In the same year he started his Ph.D. research at the department of Medical Physics of the Utrecht University. In Utrecht he designed and implemented a rheoscope for the measurement of deformation and orientation of red blood cells in flow and developed a theoretical description of the light scattering by red blood cells in an Ektacytometer. In 1994 he received his Ph.D. degree and started as Post-doc at the University of Southern California to investigate the utilization of the light scattering theory for measurement of red cell deformability in patients with Sickle Cell Disease.
In 1995 he started as a researcher at the dept. of Experimental Cardiology of the Utrecht University where he worked on the development of an automated grafting method for bypass surgery. From 1996-2000 he was Post Doc in the depts. of Intelligent Sensory Information Systems and Molecular Cytology at the University of Amsterdam. In Amsterdam the research activities were devoted to image analysis in 3D confocal microscope images in particular detection of threadlike structures and analysis of time sequences.
Since 2000 Geert Streekstra has been assistant professor at the department of Biomedical Engineering and Physics. In the last 4 years the assistant professor position was for 50%. The other 50% was a position as a clinical physicist at the Radiology Department.
- Other, Editorial board of the Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery
- Other, Regular reviewer of Medical Physics, European Radiology, Medical Engineering and Physics, International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, Applied Optics, Optics Express
- AMC (Vrijgesteld)
- AO Foundation
- Life Sciences Health TKI
- Medartis AG
- Technologiestichting STW