- Hoogeboom R, van Kessel KPM, Hochstenbach F, Wormhoudt TA, Reinten RJA, Wagner K, Kater AP, Guikema JEJ, Bende RJ, van Noesel CJM, A mutated B cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia subset that recognizes and responds to fungi. J EXP MED 2013;210 (1):59-70 [PubMed]
- Staszewski O, Baker RE, Ucher AJ, Martier R, Stavnezer J, Guikema JEJ, Activation-induced cytidine deaminase induces reproducible DNA breaks at many non-Ig Loci in activated B cells. MOL CELL 2011;41 (2):232-242 [PubMed]
- Guikema JEJ, Gerstein RM, Linehan EK, Cloherty EK, Evan-Browning E, Tsuchimoto D, Nakabeppu Y, Schrader CE, Apurinic/Apyrimidinic endonuclease 2 is necessary for normal B cell development and recovery of lymphoid progenitors after chemotherapeutic challenge. J IMMUNOL 2011;186 (4):1943-1950 [PubMed]
- Stavnezer J, Guikema JEJ, Schrader CE, Mechanism and regulation of class switch recombination. ANNU REV IMMUNOL 2008;26:261-292 [PubMed]
- Guikema JEJ, Linehan EK, Tsuchimoto D, Nakabeppu Y, Strauss PR, Stavnezer J, Schrader CE, APE1- and APE2-dependent DNA breaks in immunoglobulin class switch recombination. J EXP MED 2007;204 (12):3017-3026 [PubMed]
Jeroen E.J. Guikema, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor (tenure track), AMC Fellow
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Department of Pathology
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam
Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
•2004: Ph.D. Departments of Cell Biology and Hematology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands. Thesis title: ‘Heterogeneity of Clonal B cells in Multiple Myeloma’
•1998: M.Sc. Medical and Molecular Biology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands, cum laude
•2010–present: Assistant Professor (tenure track), AMC Fellow
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
•2005–2010: Postdoctoral Fellow with Prof. Janet Stavnezer, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, MA, USA
•2004–2005: Postdoctoral Fellow with Prof. Philip Kluin, Department of Pathology, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
•Postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Prof. Janet Stavnezer at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA: October 2005-March 2010.
•Rotation project in the lab of Prof. Kris Thielemans at the Free University of Brussels, Belgium, 7 months: August 1996-March 1997.
OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
•Chairman of the ‘Malignant Lymphoma’ subcommittee of the Dutch Cancer Society (KWF).
•Member of the Dutch Hematology Congress (NVvH) program committee.
•Co-organizer of the biweekly ‘Amsterdam Immunology Meeting’ (AIM) at the Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam.
•Ad hoc reviewer for Journal of Immunology, Journal of Experimental Medicine, British Journal of Haematology, Genes Chromosomes and Cancer.
•Scientific consultant and member of the scientific advisory board at ‘ImmunoQuality Therapeutics Corporation’ based in Groningen, The Netherlands.
•American Association of Immunologists (AAI)
•Dutch Society for Immunology (NVVI)
•Dutch Society for Hematology (NVvH)
SCHOLARSHIPS AND PRIZES
- 2012-2017: NWO-VIDI €800,000; 1/10/2012-31/09/2017
- 2010-2015: Amsterdam Academic Medical Center Fellowship Award €700,000; 1/04/2010-31/3/2015
- 2007-2009: Cancer Research Institute Award $130,500; 1/01/2007-12/31/2009
Prof. dr. C.J.M. van Noesel (B cell biology and the pathogenesis of B-NHL/ The serrated neoplasia pathway to colorectal cancer)
- Membership of advisory board / Consultant, IQ Therapeutics
- AMC (Vrijgesteld)
- Europese Unie
- KWF Kankerbestrijding
- Stichting KIKA