- Berdowski Jocelyn, ten Haaf Monique, Tijssen Jan G. P., Chapman Fred W., Koster Rudolph W. Time in Recurrent Ventricular Fibrillation and Survival After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Circulation 2010;122 (11):1101-1108 [PubMed]
- Berdowski Jocelyn, Tijssen Jan G. P., Koster Rudolph W. Chest Compressions Cause Recurrence of Ventricular Fibrillation After the First Successful Conversion by Defibrillation in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Circulation. Arrhythmia and electrophysiology 2010;3 (1):72-78 [PubMed]
- Berdowski Jocelyn, Beekhuis Freerk, Zwinderman Aeilko H., Tijssen Jan G. P., Koster Rudolph W. Importance of the First Link Description and Recognition of an Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in an Emergency Call Circulation 2009;119 (15):2096-2102 [PubMed]
- van Alem Anouk P., Sanou Björn T., Koster Rudolph W. Interruption of cardiopulmonary resuscitation with the use of the automated external defibrillator in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest Annals of emergency medicine 2003;42 (4):449-457 [PubMed]
- van Alem Anouk P., Vrenken Rob H., de Vos Rien, Tijssen Jan G. P., Koster Rudolph W. Use of automated external defibrillator by first responders in out of hospital cardiac arrest: prospective controlled trial BMJ (Clinical research ed.) 2003;327 (7427):1312-1315 [PubMed]
PhD R.W. Koster (Cardiac arrest and resuscitation)
The research group performs studies on out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, mainly in the dutch province North-Holland, but also in other Dutch regions. The studies are both observational (the ARREST-cohort) with ongoing data entry and experimental with RCT's.
There is an intense collaboration with the ambulance and dispatch centers ("Veiligheidsregio's) in Amsterdam e.o, Kennemerland, Noord-Holland Noord en Twente.
Studies focus on resuscitation outcomes and determinants and feedback and education of ambulance personnel.
D.A. van Hoeijen
E.B. Landman-van der Boom
- Physio-Control Inc., a division of Medtronic