- van Vlijmen EFW, Veeger NJGM, Middeldorp S, Hamulyák K, Prins MH, Büller HR, Meijer K, Thrombotic risk during oral contraceptive use and pregnancy in women with factor V Leiden or prothrombin mutation: a rational approach to contraception. BLOOD 2011;118 (8):2055-61; quiz 2375 [PubMed]
- Eerenberg ES, Kamphuisen PW, Sijpkens MK, Meijers JC, Buller HR, Levi M, Reversal of rivaroxaban and dabigatran by prothrombin complex concentrate: a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover study in healthy subjects. CIRCULATION 2011;124 (14):1573-1579 [PubMed]
- Buller HR, Lensing AWA, Prins MH, Oral Rivaroxaban for Symptomatic Venous Thromboembolism REPLY. NEW ENGL J MED 2011;364 (12):1178
- Connolly SJ, Milling TJ Jr, Eikelboom JW, Gibson CM, Curnutte JT, Gold A, Bronson MD, Lu G, Conley PB, Verhamme P, Schmidt J, Middeldorp S, Cohen AT, Beyer-Westendorf J, Albaladejo P, Lopez-Sendon J, Goodman S, Leeds J, Wiens BL, Siegal DM, Zotova E, Meeks B, Nakamya J, Lim WT, Crowther M [Contributors: Connolly SC, Crowther M, Eikelboom J, Gibson M, Milling TJ, Albaladejo P, Cohen A, Lopez-Sendon J, Middeldorp S, Schmidt J, Verhamme P, Beyer-Westendorf J, Wyse DG, Garcia D, Prins M, Nakamya J, Büller HR, Mahaffey K, Alexander J, Demchuk A, Raskob G, Schulman S, Meeks B, Zotova E, Holadyk-Gris I, Pinto T, Behr M, Lim T, Anand R, Bastani A, Caterino J, Clark C, Concha M, Cornell J, Eriksson E, Fermann G, Fulmer J, Goldstein J, Kereiakes D, Lotfipour S, Milling T, Moll S, Pallin D, Patel N, Refaai M, Rehman M, Schmaier A, Schwarz E, Shillinglaw W, Sinert R, Singer A, Takata T, Venkat A, Weinstein D, Welker J, Welsby I, Wiener S, Wilson J, Blostein M, van Keer L, Verschuren F, Coppens M, van Wissen S, Alikhan R, Breen K, Hall R]] , Andexanet Alfa for Acute Major Bleeding Associated with Factor Xa Inhibitors. NEW ENGL J MED 2016;375 (12):1131-1141 [PubMed]
- Raskob GE, Angchaisuksiri P, Blanco AN, Buller H, Gallus A, Hunt BJ, Hylek EM, Kakkar A, Konstantinides SV, McCumber M, Ozaki Y, Wendelboe A, Weitz JI, Thrombosis: a major contributor to global disease burden. ARTERIOSCL THROM VAS 2014;34 (11):2363-2371 [PubMed]
Venous and arterial thromboembolic diseases
In the area of diagnosis and treatment of venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism there are still some major challenges. The use of simple clinical prediction rules and bedside blood tests that can be safely used in the family care setting is an important research focus of dr. Büller at the present time. In collaboration with colleagues from the Universities of Utrecht and Maastricht two large clinical outcome studies are underway. He has played a crucial role in the design and execution of these projects.
Other diagnostic studies under his supervision focus on improving both the use of ultra sonography and spiral CT, with particular emphasis on further simplifying the algorithms and improving the quality of life of patients. With respect to treatment dr. Büller currently leads as chairman of the steering committee at least five international clinical studies with new simple oral or subcutaneous antithrombotic agents in patients with venous thromboembolism or arterial fibrillation.
Theme: Cardiovascular Diseases
Prof. dr. H.R. Büller
Prof. dr. S. Middeldorp MD PhD
N. Kraaijpoel MD
- None reported