- Sierink JC, Treskes K, Edwards MJR, Beuker BJA, den Hartog D, Hohmann J, Dijkgraaf MGW, Luitse JSK, Beenen LFM , Hollmann MW, Goslings JC [Contributors: Saltzherr TP, Schep NWL, Streekstra GJ, van Lieshout EMM, Patka P, Klimek M, van Vugt R, Tromp TJN, Brink M, Harbers JS, El Moumni M, Wendt KW, Bingisser R, Ummenhofer W, Bless N]] , Immediate total-body CT scanning versus conventional imaging and selective CT scanning in patients with severe trauma (REACT-2): a randomised controlled trial. LANCET 2016;388 (10045):673-683 [PubMed]
- Backes M, Dingemans SA, Dijkgraaf MGW, van den Berg HR, van Dijkman B, Hoogendoorn JM, Joosse P, Ritchie ED, Roerdink WH, Schots JPM, Sosef NL, Spijkerman IJB, Twigt BA, van der Veen AH, van Veen RN, Vermeulen J, Vos DI, Winkelhagen J, Goslings JC, Schepers T, Effect of Antibiotic Prophylaxis on Surgical Site Infections Following Removal of Orthopedic Implants Used for Treatment of Foot, Ankle, and Lower Leg Fractures: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA-J AM MED ASSOC 2017;318 (24):2438-2445 [PubMed]
- Joosse P, de Jong WJJ, Reitsma JB, Wendt KW, Schep NW, Goslings JC, External validation of the Emergency Trauma Score for early prediction of mortality in trauma patients. CRIT CARE MED 2014;42 (1):83-89 [PubMed]
- Saltzherr TP, Bakker FC, Beenen LFM, Dijkgraaf MGW, Reitsma JB, Goslings JC [Contributors: Bossuyt PM, Jin PHPFK, Luitse JSK, Ponsen KJ, Henny CP, Giannakopoulos GF]] , Randomized clinical trial comparing the effect of computed tomography in the trauma room versus the radiology department on injury outcomes. BRIT J SURG 2012;99 (1):105-113 [PubMed]
- Mallee W, Doornberg JN, Ring D, van Dijk CN, Maas M, Goslings JC, Comparison of CT and MRI for Diagnosis of Suspected Scaphoid Fractures. J BONE JOINT SURG AM 2011;93A (1):20-28 [PubMed]
Prof. Dr. J. Carel Goslings (1968) did his medical study and surgical training in the Academic Medical Center (AMC) and St. Lucas-Andreas Hospital in Amsterdam. In 2001 he joined the staff of the Trauma Unit dept. Surgery. The Trauma Unit is responsible for the evaluation and (initial) management of all the trauma patients presented to the Level-1 trauma center of the AMC.
Prof. Goslings did a PhD study on external fixation of distal radial fractures and a fellowship in trauma surgery in several trauma centers in the U.S.A. From 2001 - 2017 he was trauma director (TraumaNet AMC), head of the Trauma Unit and, next to clinical and educational duties, involved in the coordination of trauma research. He was also director of the trauma center.
Currently prof. Goslings works as a full time trauma surgeon at the OLVG Level-2 trauma center in Amsterdam and performs his research in collaboration with the AMC.
Prof. J.C. Goslings, MD, PhD, trauma surgeon
Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis
Previous PhD students:
Dr. P.H.P. Fung Kon Jin
Trauma care: times are changing.
Dr. P. Boele van Hensbroek
Falling in the Netherlands - Prevention, Care, and Follow-up of Fall-related Injury
Dr. T.P. Saltzherr
Optimizing the initial evaluation and management of severe trauma patients.
Dr. G.A. Buijze
Scaphoid fractures: anatomy, diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. C.H. van der Vlies
Blunt Abdominal Trauma. Changing patterns in diagnostic and treatment strategies.
Dr. M.N. Storm-Versloot
Evidence Based Decisions in Nursing and their effect on Quality of Care.
Dr. P. Joosse
An evolution of trauma care evaluation. A thesis on trauma registry and outcome prediction models.
Dr. F.E. Bröllmann
Evidence-based and clinical views on acute wound healing and scar formation.
Dr. S.A. Sprague
Intimate Partner Violence in Orthopaedic Trauma Patients.
Dr. D.C. Olthof
Splenic injury diagnosis & Splenic salvage after trauma.
Dr. I.L.E. Postma
Brace for impact! A thesis on medical care following an airplane crash.
Dr. W.E. Bruinsma
Classification and management of shoulder and elbow trauma.
Dr. M.C. van der Linden
Emergency Department Crowding; Factors Influencing Flow.
Dr. J.C. Sierink
Total-body CT scanning in trauma patients; benefits and boundaries.
Dr. A. Visser
Registration and Analysis of Surgical Complications.
Dr. M.M.J. Walenkamp
Wrist Trauma. Diagnosis, Treatment and Prognosis.
Dr. A. Slaar
Pediatric Musculoskeletal Trauma. Imaging Strategies Revisited.
Dr. K. Balvers
Optimising diagnosis and treatment of coagulopathy in severely injured trauma patients.
Dr. R.J.O de Muinck Keizer
Imaging in fracture surgery.
Dr. Y.V. Kleinlugtenbelt
Research methodology in distal radius fracture care; 1 step backward, 2 steps forward.
Dr. M. Backes
Complications in calcaneal fracture surgery and implant removal.
Dr. M.A.M. Mulders
Distal radius fractures; value based diagnosis, treatment and outcome.
Complications, current practice and controversies in lower extremity fracture surgery.
Dr. T.L. Nosewicz
Acute and chronic aspects of hindfoot trauma.
Dr. W.H. Mallee
Diagnostic work-up of suspected scaphoid fractures.
Dr. M.L. Ridderikhof
Pain management in adult patients with acute traumatic injuries.
Dr. E. Hermans
Studies on treatment and outcome of pelvic fractures.
Radboud Universiteit/UvA 18-04-19
Please see above (Focus of research).
The trauma surgery research programme, together with other related departments, is currently exploring the possibilities to establish a new Research Theme in the AMC for Musculoskeletal and trauma related disorders, all related to the subject of 'Movement disorders' ("Verstoord bewegen").
Prof. dr. J.C. Goslings MD PhD (Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis)
Dr. J.A. Halm MD PhD
Drs. R.W. Peters MD
Dr. T. Schepers MD PhD
Dr. T.P. Saltzherr MD PhD (Haaglanden Medisch Centrum)
Drs. M.S.H. Beerekamp MD
Drs. J.G. ten Brinke (Gelre Ziekenhuizen Apeldoorn)
Drs. C.A.M. Christiaans MD
Drs. E.A. Clous
H.A.W. Meijer MD MSc
Drs. K. Treskes
M.R. Wirtz BSc
- Membership of medical or scientific committee, International Trauma Research Network (INTRN), Research committee
- Contribution to training of professionals, AO Trauma Netherlands
- Stichting AO-Nederland