- Coomarasamy A, Williams H, Truchanowicz E, Seed PT, Small R, Quenby S, Gupta P, Dawood F, Koot YEM, Bender Atik R, Bloemenkamp KWM, Brady R, Briley AL, Cavallaro R, Cheong YC, Chu JJ, Eapen A, Ewies A, Hoek A, Kaaijk EM, Koks CAM, Li TC, MacLean M, Mol BW, Moore J, Ross JA, Sharpe L, Stewart J, Vaithilingam N, Farquharson RG, Kilby MD, Khalaf Y, Goddijn M, Regan L, Rai R, A Randomized Trial of Progesterone in Women with Recurrent Miscarriages. NEW ENGL J MED 2015;373 (22):2141-2148 [PubMed]
- Vissenberg R, van den Boogaard E, van Wely M, van der Post JA, Fliers E, Bisschop PH, Goddijn M, Treatment of thyroid disorders before conception and in early pregnancy: a systematic review. HUM REPROD UPDATE 2012;18 (4):360-373 [PubMed]
- van den Belt-Dusebout AW, Spaan M, Lambalk CB, Kortman M, Laven JSE, van Santbrink EJP, van der Westerlaken LAJ, Cohlen BJ, Braat DDM, Smeenk JMJ, Land JA, Goddijn M, van Golde RJT, van Rumste MM, Schats R, Józwiak K, Hauptmann M, Rookus MA, Burger CW, van Leeuwen FE, Ovarian Stimulation for In Vitro Fertilization and Long-term Risk of Breast Cancer. JAMA-J AM MED ASSOC 2016;316 (3):300-312 [PubMed]
- Kaandorp SP, Goddijn M, van der Post JAM, Hutten BA, Verhoeve HR, Hamulyák K, Mol BW, Folkeringa N, Nahuis M, Papatsonis DNM, Büller HR, van der Veen F, Middeldorp S, Aspirin plus heparin or aspirin alone in women with recurrent miscarriage. NEW ENGL J MED 2010;362 (17):1586-1596 [PubMed]
- Franssen MTM, Korevaar JC, van der Veen F, Leschot NJ, Bossuyt PMM, Goddijn M, Reproductive outcome after chromosome analysis in couples with two or more miscarriages: index [corrected]-control study. BMJ-BRIT MED J 2006;332 (7544):759-763 [PubMed]
Recurrent Miscarriage (RM) is a multifactorial disease. The research programme focuses on the evaluation of diagnostic screening and therapy of couples with Recurrent Miscarriage. Research projects regarding RM will be performed within the Early Pregnancy Unit (EPU/AMC), in multicenter national setting (Dutch Fertility Consortium) or in an international setting (Promise network, UK; University of Chicago, USA, Miscarriage Clinic in Liverpool, UK, University of Brussels, and the Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen).
Recurrent miscarriage is associated with parental chromosome abnormalities, antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS), hereditary thrombophilia, thyroid auto immunity and uterus septum. All associated factors will be further investigated with regard to diagnostic strategies and/or potential therapeutic regimens. The applicant has already shown that parental chromosome testing does not reduce the number of handicapped children born and that anticoagulant therapy (NEJM 2010) and progesterone (NEJM 2015) is not of benefit in women with unexplained recurrent miscarriage.
For women with RM a randomised uterine septum transsection trial (TRUST study/ NTR1676) is ongoing within the Dutch Fertility Consortium, as are the T4life trial (NTR3364) on levothyroxine versus placebo in women with RM and thyroid autoimmunity, and the Alife 2 trial (NTR3361) on heparin versus expectant management in women with RM and hereditary thrombophilia.
Fertility Preservation The second researchline is the evaluation of safety and efficacy of fertility preservation options. The safety and efficacy of ovarian hyperstimulation regimens for purpose of fertility preservation in women with (breast) cancer is subject of the STIM trial (NTR4108). It is a collaborative effort with The Netherlands Cancer Institute /Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital (NKI/AVL) and the Dutch Fertility Consortium. Clinical challenges of oocyte freezing like transgenerational oocyte freezing, and oocyte freezing in women with mosaic Turner syndrome will be studied. A follow up study on the health of children born after oocyte freezing in the Netherlands will be conducted.
Prof. dr. M. Goddijn MD PhD
T.S. de Vries
Prof. dr. F. van der Veen (Reproduction and development])
Prof. dr. S. Repping (Reproduction & Development -- Human Reproduction)
- Contribution to guidelines and protocols, Schildklierfunctiestoornissen NIV 2013
- Contribution to guidelines and protocols, Recurrent Miscarriage ESHRE 2015
- Contribution to guidelines and protocols, Fertiliteitspreservatie Vrouwen met Kanker NVOG/NKI 2015
- Board of directors / Trustees / Supervisory board, ESHRE, coordinator SIG Early Pregnancy
- Board of directors / Trustees / Supervisory board, board Nederlands Netwerk Fertiliteitspreservatie
- AMC (Vrijgesteld)
- Stichting GEKHVO
- Universiteit van Amsterdam-ABC