- Lombarts Kiki M. J. M. H., Ferguson Andrew, Hollmann Markus W., Malling Bente, Arah Onyebuchi A. Redesign of the System for Evaluation of Teaching Qualities in Anesthesiology Residency Training (SETQ Smart) Anesthesiology 2016;125 (5):1056-1065 [PubMed]
- Smirnova Alina, Ravelli Anita C. J., Stalmeijer Renée E., Arah Onyebuchi A., Heineman Maas Jan, van der Vleuten Cees P. M., van der Post Joris A. M., Lombarts Kiki M. J. M. H. The Association Between Learning Climate and Adverse Obstetrical Outcomes in 16 Nontertiary Obstetrics-Gynecology Departments in the Netherlands Academic medicine 2017;92 (12):1740-1748 [PubMed]
- Scheepers Renée A., Lases Lenny S. S., Arah Onyebuchi A., Heineman Maas Jan, Lombarts Kiki M. J. M. H. Job Resources, Physician Work Engagement, and Patient Care Experience in an Academic Medical Setting Academic medicine 2017;92 (10):1472-1479 [PubMed]
- van den Berg Joost W., Verberg Christel P. M., Scherpbier Albert J. J. A., Jaarsma A. Debbie C., Lombarts Kiki M. J. M. H. Is being a medical educator a lonely business? The essence of social support Medical education 2017;51 (3):302-315 [PubMed]
- Boerebach Benjamin C. M., Arah Onyebuchi A., Heineman Maas Jan, Lombarts Kiki M. J. M. H. Embracing the Complexity of Valid Assessments of Clinicians' Performance: A Call for In-Depth Examination of Methodological and Statistical Contexts That Affect the Measurement of Change Academic medicine 2016;91 (2):215-220 [PubMed]
- Lid Raad van Toezicht St Amphia ziekenhuis (Sept 2015 - heden)
- Lid ZonMW Programmacommissie Gender & Gezondheid (zomer 2016 - heden)
Prof. M.J.M.H. Lombarts PhD (Physicians' Professional Performance)
Within the professional performance (pp) program physicians' performance is under investigation, focussing on (i) measurement of their performance (including development of relevant measures), (ii) explaining perormance levels and (iii) interventions to maintain or enhance performance.
Physicians' pp is defined as 'that what physicians are seen to do in (daily) practice'. Studies are directed towards clinical performance and/or teaching performance. Specific reserach themes include performance assessment & improvement, physicians' well-being and learning climates of residency training programs.
One of the program's main purposes is to unravel and provide scientific evidence on (understanding) the relationship between the quality of PGME/residency training and the quality and safety of patient care.
In terms of impact and valorisation the pp program so fare has resulted in the development of multiple performance evaluation systems which are included in a web-based platform - Professional Performance Online (PPO) - to be used for assessment purposes by individual medical specialsts, residents, clinivcal departements/training programs and hospitals. Up til date, over 10.000 faculty and 5000 residents representing approx. 65 hospitals have used one or more PPO evaluations systems.
The pp program does well in terns of contributions to life long learning and professional development of physicians. The research group has been organizing multiple attractive and well attended conferences on i.e. performance and personal leadership, vitality, and re-registration. Additionally, in 2017 and 2018 we monthly offered the so called Master dialogues where top experts from Dutch helathcare were invited to share their knowledge and present their views on the important performance domains of excellence, humanistic practice and accountability.
M.E.W.M. Silkens MSc PhD
E. Bindels MSc
K. Dabekaussen MD
M.W. van der Meulen MSc