- Verlaan Tessa, Voermans Rogier P., van Berge Henegouwen Mark I., Bemelman Willem A., Fockens Paul Endoscopic closure of acute perforations of the GI tract: a systematic review of the literature Gastrointestinal endoscopy 2015;82 (4):618-28.e5 [PubMed]
- van Brunschot Sandra, van Grinsven Janneke, Voermans Rogier P., Bakker Olaf J., Besselink Marc G. H., Boermeester Marja A., Bollen Thomas L., Bosscha Koop, Bouwense Stefan A., Bruno Marco J., Cappendijk Vincent C., Consten Esther C., Dejong Cornelis H., Dijkgraaf Marcel G. W., van Eijck Casper H., Erkelens G. Willemien, van Goor Harry, Hadithi Mohammed, Haveman Jan-Willem, Hofker Sijbrand H., Jansen Jeroen J. M., Laméris Johan S., van Lienden Krijn P., Manusama Eric R., Meijssen Maarten A., Mulder Chris J., Nieuwenhuis Vincent B., Poley Jan-Werner, de Ridder Rogier J., Rosman Camiel, Schaapherder Alexander F., Scheepers Joris J., Schoon Erik J., Seerden Tom, Spanier B. W. Marcel, Straathof Jan Willem A., Timmer Robin, Venneman Niels G., Vleggaar Frank P., Witteman Ben J., Gooszen Hein G., van Santvoort Hjalmar C., Fockens Paul, van Brunschot S., Bakker O. J., Gooszen H. G., Dejong C. H. C., Tijssen J. G. P., Stoker J., Tytgat K. M. A. J. Transluminal endoscopic step-up approach versus minimally invasive surgical step-up approach in patients with infected necrotising pancreatitis (TENSION trial): design and rationale of a randomised controlled multicenter trial [ISRCTN09186711] BMC gastroenterology 2013;13 (1):161 [PubMed]
- Verlaan Tessa, Paulus Givan F., Mathus-Vliegen Elisabeth M. H., Veldhuyzen Elisabeth A. M. L., Conchillo José M., Bouvy Nicole D., Fockens Paul Endoscopic gastric volume reduction with a novel articulating plication device is safe and effective in the treatment of obesity (with video) Gastrointestinal endoscopy 2015;81 (2):312-320 [PubMed]
- Verlaan Tessa, Rohof Wout O., Bredenoord Albert J., Eberl Susanne, Rösch Thomas, Fockens Paul Effect of peroral endoscopic myotomy on esophagogastric junction physiology in patients with achalasia Gastrointestinal endoscopy 2013;78 (1):39-44 [PubMed]
- Voermans Rogier P., Le Moine Olivier, von Renteln Daniel, Ponchon Thierry, Giovannini Marc, Bruno Marco, Weusten Bas, Seewald Stefan, Costamagna Guido, Deprez Pierre, Fockens Paul, Verlaan T., Bergman J. J. G. H. M., Rauws E. A., Giovannini M., Galasso D., Larghi A., Costamagna G., Deprez P., Le Moine O., Devière J., Neuhaus H. N., Schumacher B., Bruno M. J., Seewald S., Ponchon Th, Von Renteln D., Rösch Th Efficacy of Endoscopic Closure of Acute Perforations of the Gastrointestinal Tract Clinical gastroenterology and hepatology 2012;10 (6):603-608 [PubMed]
Prof. MD PhD P. Fockens (Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy in GI oncology (CRC and HPB) and neurogastroenterology)
My focus is on advanced driagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy in the areas of colorectal and pancreatobiliary oncology as well as neurogastroenterology. Colorectal cancer screening, imaging and therapy is one of the areas of research in which I cooperate with prof Evelien Dekker , who is the PI of this theme. In pancreatobiliary oncology I supervise dr Jeanin van Hooft who is building her career and can be expected to reach the PI-level in a few years. Apart from these two research areas, there is a third area called Advanced GI interventions in which we focus on acute panceatitis and the treatment of causes and sequellae as well as endoscopic therapy for morbid obese people.Additionally the folowing 4 areas are studied.
1) Pancreato-biliary diseases, focussing on benign and malignant clinical issues. Current topics: Incidental pancreatic cysts, familial pancreatic cancer and endoscopic necrosectomy after necrotizing pancreatitis.
2) Colorectal neoplasia in which we focus on endoscopic detection and characterization of neoplasia as well as different ways to treat neoplasia. Additionally we focus on the national program for bowelcancer screening.
3) New endoscopic interventions for achalasia have been developped and implemented in clinical pratice. These interventions (per-Oral Endoscopic Myotomy) are now studied in multicentre randomized controlled clinical trials under supervison of dr Arjan Bredenoord.
4) Endoscopic interventions for morbid obesity. Some phase I studies have been initiated and additional interventions are now planned together with the obesity research group of the Slotervaart hospital.
- Boston Scientific Group plc
- Boston Scientific Nederland B.V.
- Stichting Europees Post Graduate GS School