- Gude Wouter T., van Engen-Verheul Mariëtte M., van der Veer Sabine N., de Keizer Nicolette F., Peek Niels How does audit and feedback influence intentions of health professionals to improve practice? A laboratory experiment and field study in cardiac rehabilitation BMJ quality & safety 2017;26 (4):279-287 [PubMed]
- Haas L. E. M., van Beusekom Ilse, van Dijk Diederik, Hamaker Marije E., Bakhshi-Raiez Ferishta, de Lange Dylan W., de Keizer Nicolette F. Healthcare-related costs in very elderly intensive care patients Intensive care medicine 2018;44 (11):1896-1903 [PubMed]
- Karakus Attila, Haas Lenneke E. M., Brinkman Sylvia, de Lange Dylan W., de Keizer Nicolette F. Trends in short-term and 1-year mortality in very elderly intensive care patients in the Netherlands: a retrospective study from 2008 to 2014 Intensive care medicine 2017;43 (10):1476-1484 [PubMed]
- van de Klundert Nick, Holman Rebecca, Dongelmans Dave A., de Keizer Nicolette F. Data Resource Profile: the Dutch National Intensive Care Evaluation (NICE) Registry of Admissions to Adult Intensive Care Units International journal of epidemiology 2015;44 (6):1850-1850h [PubMed]
- Oluoch Tom, Katana Abraham, Ssempijja Victor, Kwaro Daniel, Langat Patrick, Kimanga Davies, Okeyo Nicky, Abu-Hanna Ameen, de Keizer Nicolette Electronic medical record systems are associated with appropriate placement of HIV patients on antiretroviral therapy in rural health facilities in Kenya: a retrospective pre-post study Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association 2014;21 (6):1009-1014 [PubMed]
Prof. PhD N.F. de Keizer (Evaluation of health care and health care information)
Within my research group 3 research lines can be distinguished:
1) Evaluation of quality of health care
2) Evaluation of health care information systems
3) Terminological systems
Ad 1) Most of my research is related to the Nationale Intensive Care Evaluation (NICE) registry. This registry contains case mix and outcome data of more than 80 Dutch ICUs. The goal of NICE is to assess and improve the quality of Dutch ICUs and to perform epidemiological research. Institutional comparison based on case-mix adjusted outcome plays an important role. All aspect that are important to continuously monitor quality of care by a national registry are part of this research line. Case-mix correction, prognostic models, benchmarking, quality indicators, feedback, quality of data are subjects of investigation.
Ad 2) This research line has an local, national and an international part. Within the AMC several evaluation projects of new information technologies have been running, e.g. evaluation of the (cost) effectiveness of teledermatology, evaluation of decision support systems in the intensive care for tidal volume, glucose regulation and medication prescription. On a national level a decision support system for cardiac rehabilitation has been evaluated on adherence to a national guideline. As a follow up a multifaceted intervention including feedback and educational outreach visits next to the decision support is evaluated. As the (former) chair of the International Medical Informatics Association working group on health technology assessment I was involved in the development of guidelines for planning, developing and reporting evaluation studies in health informatics. Furthermore, I supervise evaluation projects of EMRs implemented in Kenya and Uganda.
Ad 3) More and more health institutions are implementing electronic patient records. Ultimately data recorded in the electronic patient record can be reused for quality assurance (see point 1), research, management information, decision support, financial reimbursement. This is only possible when data is recorded in a detailled but also structured and standardized way. To enable standardized data entry terminological systems are essential. This research line is lead by Ronald Cornet and corporates with national and internation standardisation organisations such as the Dutch ICT Institute in health care (NICTIZ); SNOMED international NFU program "Eenmalige registratie bij de bron" and GoFAIR foundation.
MEng PhD R. Cornet
PhD S. Brinkman
PhD F. Raiez
PhD F. Termorshuizen
MSc R. Minne
MEng W.G. Tjon Sjoe Sjoe
E.P.A. van der Zwan
- Europese Unie
- Ministerie van VWS
- NIEUWE DEB IND
- Stichting NICE