- Leemans Jaklien C., Kors Lotte, Anders Hans-Joachim, Florquin Sandrine Pattern recognition receptors and the inflammasome in kidney disease Nature reviews. Nephrology 2014;10 (7):398-414 [PubMed]
- Yapici Ünsal, Kers Jesper, Slavujevic-Letic Ivana, Stokman Geurt, Roelofs Joris J. T. H., van Aalderen Michiel C., Groothoff Jaap W., de Boer Onno J., van der Pant Karlijn A. M. I., Claessen Nike, Hilbrands Luuk B., Bemelman Frederike J., ten Berge Ineke J. M., Florquin Sandrine Intragraft Blood Dendritic Cell Antigen-1-Positive Myeloid Dendritic Cells Increase during BK Polyomavirus-Associated Nephropathy Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2016;27 (8):2502-2510 [PubMed]
- Stokman Geurt, Kers Jesper, Yapici Ünsal, Hoelbeek Joris J., Claessen Nike, de Boer Onno J., Netea Mihai G., Hilbrands Luuk, Bemelman Fréderike J., ten Berge Ineke J. M., Florquin Sandrine Predominant Tubular Interleukin-18 Expression in Polyomavirus-Associated Nephropathy Transplantation 2016;100 (10):e88-e95 [PubMed]
- Rampanelli Elena, Rouschop Kasper M. A., Claessen Nike, Teske Gwendoline J. D., Pals Steven T., Leemans Jaklien C., Florquin Sandrine Opposite role of CD44-standard and CD44-variant-3 in tubular injury and development of renal fibrosis during chronic obstructive nephropathy Kidney international 2014;86 (3):558-569 [PubMed]
- Leemans Jaklien C., Butter Loes M., Teske Gwendoline J. D., Stroo Ingrid, Pulskens Wilco P., Florquin Sandrine The Toll Interleukin-1 Receptor (IL-1R) 8/Single Ig Domain IL-1R-Related Molecule Modulates the Renal Response to Bacterial Infection Infection and immunity 2012;80 (11):3812-3820 [PubMed]
Sandrine Florquin (1965) received her MD degree from the Faculty of Medicine of the Universite Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium) in 1990, her “Thèse d’Agrégation de l’Enseignement Supérieur”from the same University in 1995, and her PhD degree (cum laude) from the University of Leiden (The Netherlands) in 1997. In 1998 she was board certified in the Netherlands in Pathology, and in 2001 in Immunology. From 1991 to 1994, she was Research Fellow of Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique (Belgium) in the department of Immunology of Prof. M. Goldman, Université Libre de Bruxelles and in the departments Prof. B. Brenner and R. Cotran (Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard University). Since 1998 Florquin is staff member of the Department of Pathology in het AMC. Her research is embedded in the Amsterdam Infection&Immunity Institue. She received several NWO-grants (Clinical Fellowship, ASPASIA and VIDI). In 2007 she was appointed Professor of Pathology in the University of Amsterdam. She was a member of the Scientific Board of the Dutch Kidney Foundation (2007-13), of the FEDERA-board and of the ERA-EDTA board. She is Councilor and Nephropathology Ambassador of the International Society of Nephrology. Since 2007, she organizes the European Renal Pathology Course in Amsterdam (www.renalpathologycourse.org) and she is co-founder of EURenalPath (www.EURenalPath.com).
Prof. PhD S. Florquin (Renal inflammation and repair)
Renal Inflammation and REpair (RIRE)
Thanks to the financial support of NWO and Dutch Kidney Foundation, we set up a research group dedicated to unravel the immunological mechanisms involved in renal injury and repair and to design new therapeutic tools for renal diseases.
To unravel the involvement of innate immunity in the renal diseases, we used relevant rodent models for acute and chronic renal injury (ischemia-reperfusion, obstructive nephropathy, renal transplantation and pyelonephritis using knock-out mice, transgenic mice, anti-sense oligonucleotide and blocking antibodies), renal biopsies, urine and plasma of renal patients, and in vitro models (tubular epithelial cell and endothelial cell cultures).
Our research line can be divided in 4 sub-themes:
a) The role of CD44 in Renal Injury and Repair
b) The role of Pattern-Recognition Receptors (PRRs) in Renal Injury and Repair
c) The fibrinolytic and clotting systems in Renal Injury and Repair
d) Development of validated analyses of renal transplant biopsies to identify local markers of tolerance and to predict the development of fibrosis
Theme: Infection and Immunity
PhD A. Tammaro
- Innovatiefonds Zorgverzekeraars
- Landelijke Vereniging van Crematoria
- Nierstichting Nederland
- Stichting Kennisbevordering Pathologie AMC
- UvA, ASSR