The services of the AMC Biobank
- Cryostorage of biological materials at +4°C, -80°C, and -196°C;
- Sample tracking using a biobank management information system (BIMS);
- Virtual registry of existing collections;
- Catalog with overview of collected materials plus basic descriptive information.
- Advice about starting biobank collections, including pre-analytic procedures;
- Infrastructure and equipment for collecting and distributing samples (+4°C, -80°C, and -196°C);
- Support of multicenter initiatives between (non)academic hospitals.
- Advice about questions pertaining to legal and ethical issues;
- Safeguard related to legal and ethical requirements.
- Access to central freezer rooms at Z01, G01, and in the IWO building;
- Backup freezers in case of calamities.