- Lirk P, Berger R, Hollmann MW, Fiegl H, Lidocaine time- and dose-dependently demethylates deoxyribonucleic acid in breast cancer cell lines in vitro. BRIT J ANAESTH 2012;109 (2):200-207 [PubMed]
- Lirk P, Flatz M, Haller I, Hausott B, Blumenthal S, Stevens MF, Suzuki S, Klimaschewski L, Gerner P, In Zucker Diabetic Fatty Rats, Subclinical Diabetic Neuropathy Increases In Vivo Lidocaine Block Duration But Not In Vitro Neurotoxicity. REGION ANESTH PAIN M 2012;37 (6):601-606 [PubMed]
- Lirk P, Haller I, Colvin HP, Lang L, Tomaselli B, Klimaschewski L, Gerner P, In vitro, inhibition of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways protects against bupivacaine- and ropivacaine-induced neurotoxicity. ANESTH ANALG 2008;106 (5):1456-64, table of contents [PubMed]
- Lirk P, Poroli M, Rigaud M, Fuchs A, Fillip P, Huang CY, Ljubkovic M, Sapunar D, Hogan Q, Modulators of calcium influx regulate membrane excitability in rat dorsal root ganglion neurons. ANESTH ANALG 2008;107 (2):673-685 [PubMed]
- Lirk P, Hollmann MW, Outcome after regional anesthesia: weighing risks and benefits. MINERVA ANESTESIOL 2014;80 (5):610-618 [PubMed]
Born February 22nd, 1977 in Salzburg, Austria.
Marital status Married to Petra Lirk-Heinrich, 3 sons Ferdinand (*2010), Leopold (*2012) and Nikolaus (*2014).
Languages spoken fluently Dutch, German, English, French.
• 1996 – 2002: M.D. degree, Leopold-Franzens Universität Innsbruck, Austria. Title of dissertation: Psoas Compartment Block: Anatomic basis for ultrasound guidance.
• 2001 – 2006: M.Sc. in Anesthesiology (Pain Management), University of Wales College of Medicine, United Kingdom. Title of dissertation: Role of calcium channels in a rodent model of chronic neuropathic pain.
• 2003 – 2004 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at the Dept. of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA.
• 2002 – 2010 Residency in Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria.
• 2010 – 2014 Ph.D. degree in Medicine, University of Amsterdam, NL. Title of thesis: Local anesthetics - new insights into risks and benefits.
• Board certification in Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine April 2010, Austria.
• Venia docendi (Postgraduate degree, "Privatdozent"), Innsbruck Medical University, May 2010. Title of thesis: Local anesthetic-induced neurotoxicity: in vitro and in vivo investigations.
• Universitair Medisch Specialist, Academisch Medisch Centrum, Amsterdam, September 2010.
• Associate Professor, University of North Florida Brooks College of Health, Jacksonville FL, June 2011.
Prizes and Awards
- 2004 Midwest Anesthesia Resident Conference Second Best Poster Prize
- 2005 Swarovski Research Award (Innsbruck Medical University)
- 2005 European Society of Regional Anaesthesia Annual Meeting Best Free Paper Prize
- 2006 European Society of Regional Anaesthesia Annual Meeting 2nd Best Free Paper Prize
- 2006 European Society of Regional Anaesthesia Annual Meeting Best Poster Prize
- 2007 European Society of Regional Anaesthesia Annual Meeting 3rd Best Free Paper Prize
- 2011 European Society of Regional Anaesthesia Annual Meeting Best Poster Prize
- 2012 Dutch Society of Anesthesiology Young Investigator's Grant
- 2013 European Society of Regional Anaesthesia Research Grant
- 2013 Dutch Society of Anaesthesiology "Prof. Dr. Ritsema van Eck Award" Second Prize
Prof. dr. B. Preckel MA MD PhD (Patient safety, procedural sedation, cardiovascular protection, optimizing perioperative metabolism, cerebral perfusion, Wireless Monitoring)
Prof. dr. M.W. Hollmann MD PhD (Organprotection)
Prof. M.J. Schultz MD PhD (Prevention and treatment of organ failure in intensive care medicine)
Dr. J. Horn MD PhD (Neurology on the Intensive Care Unit)
- Membership of editorial board / Editorship, EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF ANAESTHESIOLOGY
- Contribution to training of professionals, University of North Florida Brooks College of Health
- Membership of medical or scientific committee, European Society of Anaesthesiology, Scientific Subcommittee 8 - Regional Anesthesia
- Membership of medical or scientific committee, European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy, PROSPECT Study Group
- None reported