- Zwakman M, Verberne LM, Kars MC, Hooft L, van Delden JJM, Spijker R, Introducing PALETTE: an iterative method for conducting a literature search for a review in palliative care. BMC PALLIAT CARE 2018;17 (1):82 [PubMed]
- de Vries SG, Cremers AL, Heuvelings CC, Greve PF, Visser BJ, Bélard S, Janssen S, Spijker R, Shaw B, Hill RA, Zumla A, van der Werf MJ, Sandgren A, Grobusch MP, Barriers and facilitators to the uptake of tuberculosis diagnostic and treatment services by hard-to-reach populations in countries of low and medium tuberculosis incidence: a systematic review of qualitative literature. LANCET INFECT DIS 2017;17 (5):e128-e143 [PubMed]
- Geersing GJ, Bouwmeester W, Zuithoff P, Spijker R, Leeflang M, Moons KGM, Moons K, Search Filters for Finding Prognostic and Diagnostic Prediction Studies in Medline to Enhance Systematic Reviews. PLOS ONE 2012;7 (2):e32844 [PubMed]
- van de Glind EMM, van Munster BC, Spijker R, Scholten RJPM, Hooft L, Search filters to identify geriatric medicine in Medline. J AM MED INFORM ASSN 2012;19 (3):468-472 [PubMed]
- Mummery C, Ward-van Oostwaard D, Doevendans P, Spijker R, van den Brink S, Hassink R, van der Heyden M, Opthof T, Pera M, de la Riviere AB, Passier R, Tertoolen L, Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to cardiomyocytes: role of coculture with visceral endoderm-like cells. CIRCULATION 2003;107 (21):2733-2740 [PubMed]
Rene Spijker is a trained molecular biologist with a specialisation in immunology from Utrecht University and Imperial College London. After research experiences at LUMC in Leiden (Signal transduction of ex-vivoT lymphocyte activation in the treatment of ALL), Hubrecht Institute- Developmental biology & Stem cell research (Differentiation of human Embryonic stem cells towards cardiomyocytes), and AMC in Amsterdam (Apoptosis in Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia) he started his current career as an information Specialist.
Since 2008 Rene works as an information specialist with Cochrane Netherlands and the AMC in Amsterdam.
He's a member of the Cochrane Council since 2017, member of the Cochrane information specialist executive since 2011, member of ICASR, and member of CLeF e-medicine
- Membership of medical or scientific committee, Cochrane Collaboration, Cochrane information specialist executive
- Membership of medical or scientific committee, Cochrane, Cochrane Council
- Membership of medical or scientific committee, International collaboration for automation of systematic reviews, organising committee
- Membership of medical or scientific committee, CLeF Initiative, Organising committee
- Membership of medical or scientific committee, European Conference on Information Retrieval, organising
- None reported