- Ackermans Mariette T., Klieverik Lars P., Ringeling Peter, Endert Erik, Kalsbeek Andries, Fliers Eric An online Solid-Phase Extraction-Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry method to study the presence of thyronamines in plasma and tissue and their putative conversion from 13C6-thyroxine Journal of endocrinology 2010;206 (3):327-334 [PubMed]
- Ackermans Mariëtte Theodora, Endert Erik LC-MS/MS in endocrinology: what is the profit of the last 5 years? Bioanalysis 2014;6 (1):43-57 [PubMed]
- den Braber Ineke, Mugwagwa Tendai, Vrisekoop Nienke, Westera Liset, Mögling Ramona, de Boer Anne Bregje, Willems Neeltje, Schrijver Elise H. R., Spierenburg Gerrit, Gaiser Koos, Mul Erik, Otto Sigrid A., Ruiter An F. C., Ackermans Mariette T., Miedema Frank, Borghans José A. M., de Boer Rob J., Tesselaar Kiki Maintenance of Peripheral Naive T Cells Is Sustained by Thymus Output in Mice but Not Humans Immunity 2012;36 (2):288-297 [PubMed]
- Vrieze Anne, van Nood Els, Holleman Frits, Salojärvi Jarkko, Kootte Ruud S., Bartelsman Joep F. W. M., Dallinga-Thie Geesje M., Ackermans Mariette T., Serlie Mireille J., Oozeer Raish, Derrien Muriel, Druesne Anne, van Hylckama Vlieg Johan E. T., Bloks Vincent W., Groen Albert K., Heilig Hans G. H. J., Zoetendal Erwin G., Stroes Erik S., de Vos Willem M., Hoekstra Joost B. L., Nieuwdorp Max Transfer of Intestinal Microbiota From Lean Donors Increases Insulin Sensitivity in Individuals With Metabolic Syndrome Gastroenterology 2012;143 (4):913-+ [PubMed]
- Yi Chun-Xia, Sun Ning, Ackermans Mariette T., Alkemade Anneke, Foppen Ewout, Shi Jing, Serlie Mireille J., Buijs Ruud M., Fliers Eric, Kalsbeek Andries Pituitary Adenylate Cyclase-Activating Polypeptide Stimulates Glucose Production via the Hepatic Sympathetic Innervation in Rats Diabetes 2010;59 (7):1591-1600 [PubMed]
Mariëtte Ackermans graduated in Chemical Technology (1987) at the Eindhoven University of Technology (Department of Instrumental Analysis). She performed her PhD research at the same University and defended her thesis “Electrophoresis in open capillaries: some fundamental aspects” in 1992. Subsequently she moved to the Laboratory of Endocrinology and Radiochemistry of the Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, where she played a key role in the implementation of analytical techniques using stable isotopes in metabolic studies and developed a number of novel innovative analytical methods for both research as well as for patient care (GC/MS, GC/C/IRMS, LC/MS, Gelfiltration, Solid Phase Extraction). Currently she is staff member of the Endocrine laboratory of the AMC and VUmc. In this function she is responsible for supervising and developing analytical techniques and assays used for patient care and in various research projects. Furthermore she is involved in the supervision of PhD students and Bachelor and Master students.
Education and Degrees
1989 – 1992 PhD Analytical Chemistry, Technical University Eindhoven
1987 – 1989 2 Years Research Education (2 Fasen structuur), 4TU.SAI Eindhoven
1982 – 1987 Doctoral Chemical Technology, Technical University Eindhoven
1976 – 1982 Gymnasium, Augustinianum Eindhoven
2010 Vaarbewijs I and II
1985-1989 State exam music (part I): Theory and subsidiary piano exam
1996 Radiation hygiene, expertise level 5B
2018 - Staff member Endocrine laboratory, Amsterdamm UMC location AMC. Responsible for development
1998-2017 Head of the Stable isotope Laboratory/facility of the AMC
2004- 2018 Staff member/Senior Scientist in Analytical chemistry, Laboratory of Endocrinology and Radiochemistry, Department of Clinical Chemistry, AMC
2000-2004 UD, Laboratory of Endocrinology and Radiochemistry, Department of Clinical Chemistry, AMC
1992-2000 Post-doc analytical chemistry, Laboratory of Endocrinology and Radiochemistry, Department of Clinical Chemistry, AMC
LC-MS course developed and coordinated for PhD students and labtechnicians and given bi-annually;
LC-MS course developed for the technicians of the labsupport department
Mini-symposium for Curius medical doctors
Stable isotope course for Master Summer Course endocrinology
PhD students supervised
Current PhD students
Finished PhD students
F. Sprangers. (2001) regulators of hepatic glucose and glycogen metabolism
A.A.M.W. van Kempen (2004) Gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis in newborn infants. Adaptation and stimulation
P.H.L.T. Bisschop (2004) We become what we eat: An integrative study on the metabolic effects of dietary carbohydrate and fat.
Huỳnh vӑn Thiȇn (2004) Glucose metabolism in falciparum Malaria
- Allick (2007) Free fatty acids and the regulation of glucose metabolism
S.N. van der Crabben (2008) Glucose deregulation in health and disease: on inflammation and glutathione
R.M.E. Blümer (2008) Adiponectin in glucose metabolism
M.R. Soeters (2008) The metabolic response to fasting in humans.
N. Dirks. (2020) The when what and how of measuring Vitamin D metabolism
Bachelor/Master student internships and thesis
H. Eggink (2008) Measuring the Influence of Pituitary Adenylate Cyclase-Activating Polypeptide (PACAP) on Gluconeogenesis using GCMS and MIDA
J. Visser (2017) Towards a better understanding of insulin pharmacokinetics: validation of an LC-MS platform for the determination of insulin analogs
F. Broeders (2018) The Validation of at-home sample collection methods as an improvement of health care processes
B. van de Kooi (2019) Measurement of Vitamin D in Dreid Blood Spots
University of applied science
Y. Bossenbroek (2013) Vergelijking van verschillende immunoassays voor de bepaling van synthetische insuline analogen
Internship for secondary vocational education (MLO level 3 and 4 )
O. Hussein (2012), E. Perelaer (2103), L. Romkes (2013-2014), T. Kaynak (2014), C. Amri (2014),
J. Doelwijt (2014), K. Falize (2014-2015), Z. Baai (2015), S. Soekhai (2015), K. Lamuadni (2015-
2016), D. Aboukhezaima (2016), P. Fransdonk (2016), M. El Kharchi (2016), D. Roodzant (2017-
2018), M. Amuna (2020), Y. Eeeltink (2020)
R.M. Büttler (2016) Measurement of adrenal steroid hormones. Method development, validation and Application.
Royal Dutch Chemical Association (KNCV)
NOVO The Netherlands (Project: Insulin and analogues LC-MS/MS)
Jan Dekker Stichting (Project: Thyroid hormones in tissue)
Committee and Editorial Work
Reviewer for Journal of Chromatography B
Reviewer for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine
Reviewer for Bioanalysis
Final responsible for laser youth sailing at Watersport Vereniging de Koenen
Coordinator internships secondary vocational education (ROC Amsterdam)
Chair Amstel Strijkers Ensemble
Chair Eindhovens Studenten Muziek Gezelschap
Dirk, N.F., et al., The when, what and how of measuring Vitamin D metabolism in clinical medicine. Nutrients, 2018. 10(4): 482.
Bekkach, Y. et al., Determination of urinary aldosterone using a plasma aldosterone 2D ID LC-MSMS method. Bioanalysis, 2016. 8(17): p. 1765-75.
Dirks, N.F., et al., Determination of human reference values for serum total 1,25- dihydroxyvitamin D using an extensively validated 2D ID-UPLC-MS/MS method. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol, 2015.
Buttler, R.M., et al., Simultaneous measurement of testosterone, androstenedione and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) in serum and plasma using Isotope-Dilution 2-Dimension Ultra High Performance Liquid-Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry (ID-LC-MS/MS). Clin Chim Acta, 2015. 438: p. 157-9.
Ackermans, M.T. and E. Endert, LC-MS/MS in endocrinology: what is the profit of the last 5 years? Bioanalysis, 2014. 6(1): p. 43-57.
Ackermans, M.T., et al., Determination of thyroid hormones and their metabolites in tissue using SPE UPLC-tandem MS. Biomedical Chromatography, 2012. 26(4): p. 485-490.
Ackermans, M.T., et al., An online solid-phase extraction-liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method to study the presence of thyronamines in plasma and tissue and their putative conversion from C-13(6)-thyroxine. Journal of Endocrinology, 2010. 206(3): p.
Ackermans, M.T., et al., Plasma insulin concentrations during a hyperinsulinaemic clamp: what do we measure? Annals of Clinical Biochemistry, 2008. 45: p. 429-430.
Ruiter, A.F.C., M.T. Ackermans, and E. Endert, Simultaneous gas chromatographic determination of concentration and isotopic enrichment of fatty acids in human plasma using flame ionization and mass spectrometric detection. Journal of Chromatography B, 2001. 759(1): p. 169-174.
Ackermans, M.T., et al., The quantification of gluconeogenesis in humans by (H2O)-H-2 and [2-C- 13]glycerol yields different results. Diabetologia, 1999. 42: p. A26-A26.
Ackermans, M.T., A.F.C. Ruiter, and E. Endert, Determination of glycerol concentrations and glycerol isotopic enrichments in human plasma by gas chromatography mass spectrometry. Analytical Biochemistry, 1998. 258(1): p. 80-86.
Full list of publications can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=ackermans+m+not+ackermans+mm
(Medewerkers buiten research programmes van afdeling Klinische Chemie: Lab Endocrinologie)