- Minne L, Eslami S, de Keizer N, de Jonge E, de Rooij SE, Abu-Hanna A, Effect of changes over time in the performance of a customized SAPS-II model on the quality of care assessment. INTENS CARE MED 2012;38 (1):40-46 [PubMed]
- Medlock S, Opondo D, Eslami S, Askari M, Wierenga P, de Rooij SE, Abu-Hanna A, LERM (Logical Elements Rule Method): A method for assessing and formalizing clinical rules for decision support. INT J MED INFORM 2011;80 (4):286-295 [PubMed]
- Leopold JH, Bos LDJ, Sterk PJ, Schultz MJ, Fens N, Horvath I, Bikov A, Montuschi P, Di Natale C, Yates DH, Abu-Hanna A, Comparison of classification methods in breath analysis by electronic nose. J BREATH RES 2015;9 (4):046002 [PubMed]
- Askari M, Eslami S, van Rijn M, Medlock S, Moll van Charante EP, van der Velde N, de Rooij SE, Abu-Hanna A, Assessment of the quality of fall detection and management in primary care in the Netherlands based on the ACOVE quality indicators. OSTEOPOROSIS INT 2016;27 (2):569-576 [PubMed]
- Medlock S, Wyatt JC, Patel VL, Shortliffe EH, Abu-Hanna A, Modeling information flows in clinical decision support: key insights for enhancing system effectiveness. J AM MED INFORM ASSN 2016;23 (5):1001-1006 [PubMed]
Methodology in Medical Informatics
In terms of healthcare domains there is a focus on:
- Perintal Health: To study risk and prognostic factors for perinatal mortality and other adverse outcomes
- Intensive Care: To investigate prognostic models of adverse outcomes and effectivity of decision support systems
- Geriatrics: To study optimization of workflows, development of prediction models, decision support for professionals and selfmanagement for patients
- Liver: Early predictive markers of Acute Liver Failure.
- Primary Care: Decision support systems for optimizing care for elderly patients
Current specific research projects in the research programme Methodology in Medical Informatics include:
- (ZonMW/NPO) ICOVE: Development of a pro-active Decision Support System based on the ACOVE criteria in Primary and Secondary Care.
- (ZonMW/ICT&DM) PROFIT: Prevention of Falls using infomration technology and disease management principles.
- Uses and abuses of benchmarking healthproviders
- Predictive models using breathprints obtained from an electronic nose.
- Prognostic (temporal) Models for individual Intensive Care patients based on the SOFA daily scores
- Perinatal Health informatics: Epidemiology and prognosis for asphyxia.
- Decision support for improving atrial fibrillation in general practice.
- Identification and prevention of drug-drug interactions (in e.g. Intensive Care).
Note: I am "hosting" on this website Prof. dr. Monique Jaspers and her own group:
- Dr L. W. Dusseljee- Peute, Assistant Professor
- M. van Engen-Verheul, PhD student
- R. van de Togt, PhD student
- E. Kilsdonk, PhD student
- A. Wiggers, PhD student
- L. Thijssing, PhD student
- G. Wildenbos, PhD student
Prof. dr. A. Abu-Hanna
Dr. T.H.F. Broens PhD
Prof. dr. M.W.M. Jaspers PhD
Dr. T.R. Langerak
Dr. S.K. Medlock DVM PhD
Dr. L.W.P. Peute PhD
Dr. ir. A.C.J. Ravelli PhD
Dr. M.C. Schut
Dr. D. Sent PhD
Prof. dr. L. Witkamp (KNMG)
Dr. S. Eslami
Dr. J.E. Klopotowska
H. Al-Farra MD MSc
T. Bakker MSc
H.G. van den Boorn MSc
E. Joukes MSc
M.G. Kersloot BSc
C.C. Margadant MSc
K.J. Ploegmakers MSc
V.A. Stangenberger MSc (LOGEX bv)
B.A. Volman MSc
T. Vromen MD
- Membership of medical or scientific committee, ZonMw (Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development), TOP subsidies
- Membership of editorial board / Editorship, JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL INFORMATICS
- Membership of editorial board / Editorship, METHODS OF INFORMATION IN MEDICINE
- B.H.N. Registratie
- Europese Unie
- Stichting Amsterdams Universititeitsfonds
- Stichting SIDN Fonds