- Verlaan T, Voermans RP, van Berge Henegouwen MI, Bemelman WA, Fockens P, Endoscopic closure of acute perforations of the GI tract: a systematic review of the literature. GASTROINTEST ENDOSC 2015;82 (4):618-28.e5 [PubMed]
- van Brunschot S, van Grinsven J, Voermans RP, Bakker OJ, Besselink MGH, Boermeester MA, Bollen TL, Bosscha K, Bouwense SA, Bruno MJ, Cappendijk VC, Consten EC, Dejong CH, Dijkgraaf MGW, van Eijck CH, Erkelens GW, van Goor H, Hadithi M, Haveman JW, Hofker SH, Jansen JJM, Laméris JS, van Lienden KP, Manusama ER, Meijssen MA, Mulder CJ, Nieuwenhuis VB, Poley JW, de Ridder RJ, Rosman C, Schaapherder AF, Scheepers JJ, Schoon EJ, Seerden T, Spanier BWM, Straathof JWA, Timmer R, Venneman NG, Vleggaar FP, Witteman BJ, Gooszen HG, van Santvoort HC, Fockens P [Contributors: van Brunschot S, van Santvoort HC, Besselink MGH, Bakker OJ, Fockens P, Gooszen HG, Boermeester MA, Bruno MJ, Dejong CHC, Timmer R, Witteman BJM, Bollen TL, Bruno M, Cappendijk VC, van Eijck C, van Goor H, Haveman JW, Hofker HS, Laméris JS, van Lienden KP, Nieuwenhuijs VB, Poley JW, Schaapherder AFM, Tijssen JGP, Lange JF, Bonjer HJ, Stoker J, Masclee AAM, Tytgat KMAJ, Seerden T, Rosman C, Schoon EJ, Erkelens GW, Witteman B, Meijssen MAC, Bosscha K, Hadithi H, de Ridder RJJ, Straathof JWA, Consten EC, Manusama ER, Venneman NG, Jansen JM, Scheepers JJG, Spanier BWM, Vleggaar FP, Mulder CJ, van Grinsven J, van der Eng H]] , Transluminal endoscopic step-up approach versus minimally invasive surgical step-up approach in patients with infected necrotising pancreatitis (TENSION trial): design and rationale of a randomised controlled multicenter trial [ISRCTN09186711]. BMC GASTROENTEROL 2013;13 (1):161 [PubMed]
- Verlaan T, Paulus GF, Mathus-Vliegen EMH, Veldhuyzen EAML, Conchillo JM, Bouvy ND, Fockens P, Endoscopic gastric volume reduction with a novel articulating plication device is safe and effective in the treatment of obesity (with video). GASTROINTEST ENDOSC 2015;81 (2):312-320 [PubMed]
- Verlaan T, Rohof WO, Bredenoord AJ, Eberl S, Rösch T, Fockens P, Effect of peroral endoscopic myotomy on esophagogastric junction physiology in patients with achalasia. GASTROINTEST ENDOSC 2013;78 (1):39-44 [PubMed]
- Voermans RP, Le Moine O, von Renteln D, Ponchon T, Giovannini M, Bruno M, Weusten B, Seewald S, Costamagna G, Deprez P, Fockens P [Contributors: Voermans RP, Verlaan T, Bergman JJGHM, Rauws EA, Fockens P, Giovannini M, Galasso D, Larghi A, Costamagna G, Deprez P, Le Moine O, Devière J, Neuhaus HN, Schumacher B, Bruno MJ, Seewald S, Ponchon T, Weusten BLAM, Von Renteln D, Rösch T]] , Efficacy of Endoscopic Closure of Acute Perforations of the Gastrointestinal Tract. CLIN GASTROENTEROL H 2012;10 (6):603-608 [PubMed]
Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy in GI oncology (CRC and HPB) and neurogastroenterology
My focus is on advanced driagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy in the areas of colorectal and pancreatobiliary oncology as well as neurogastroenterology. Colorectal cancer screening, imaging and therapy is one of the areas of research in which I cooperate with prof Evelien Dekker , who is the PI of this theme. In pancreatobiliary oncology I supervise dr Jeanin van Hooft who is building her career and can be expected to reach the PI-level in a few years. Apart from these two research areas, there is a third area called Advanced GI interventions in which we focus on acute panceatitis and the treatment of causes and sequellae as well as endoscopic therapy for morbid obese people.Additionally the folowing 4 areas are studied.
1) Pancreato-biliary diseases, focussing on benign and malignant clinical issues. Current topics: Incidental pancreatic cysts, familial pancreatic cancer and endoscopic necrosectomy after necrotizing pancreatitis.
2) Colorectal neoplasia in which we focus on endoscopic detection and characterization of neoplasia as well as different ways to treat neoplasia. Additionally we focus on the national program for bowelcancer screening.
3) New endoscopic interventions for achalasia have been developped and implemented in clinical pratice. These interventions (per-Oral Endoscopic Myotomy) are now studied in multicentre randomized controlled clinical trials under supervison of dr Arjan Bredenoord.
4) Endoscopic interventions for morbid obesity. Some phase I studies have been initiated and additional interventions are now planned together with the obesity research group of the Slotervaart hospital.
L. Boxhoorn MSc
S.M. van Dijk
S. Haal MD MSc
Drs. B.B.S.L. Houwen
N.C.M. van Huijgevoort
Drs. G.M. Kamphuis
M.P.M. de Neree tot Babberich
Drs. F.A.M. Ponds
D. Straub MSc
Drs. W.M. Westra
- Contribution to training of professionals, European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (president)
- Contribution to training of professionals, European Postgraduate Gastrosurgical School (chair)
- Contribution to guidelines and protocols, Endoscopic treatment of perforations
- Membership of advisory board / Consultant, Olympus Medical Systems
- Membership of advisory board / Consultant, Cook Endoscopy
- Boston Scientific Group plc
- Boston Scientific Nederland B.V.
- Stichting Europees Post Graduate GS School