- van der Laan Anja M., ter Horst Ellis N., Delewi Ronak, Begieneman Mark P. V., Krijnen Paul A. J., Hirsch Alexander, Lavaei Mehrdad, Nahrendorf Matthias, Horrevoets Anton J., Niessen Hans W. M., Piek Jan J. Monocyte subset accumulation in the human heart following acute myocardial infarction and the role of the spleen as monocyte reservoir European heart journal 2014;35 (6):376-385 [PubMed]
- Delewi Ronak, Hirsch Alexander, Tijssen Jan G., Schächinger Volker, Wojakowski Wojciech, Roncalli Jérôme, Aakhus Svend, Erbs Sandra, Assmus Birgit, Tendera Michal, Goekmen Turan R., Corti Roberto, Henry Tim, Lemarchand Patricia, Lunde Ketil, Cao Feng, Huikuri Heikki V., Sürder Daniel, Simari Robert D., Janssens Stefan, Wollert Kai C., Plewka Michal, Grajek Stefan, Traverse Jay H., Zijlstra Felix, Piek Jan J. Impact of intracoronary bone marrow cell therapy on left ventricular function in the setting of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: a collaborative meta-analysis European heart journal 2014;35 (15):989-998 [PubMed]
- Sjauw Krischan D., Piek Jan J. Is the intra-aortic balloon pump leaking? Lancet 2013;382 (9905):1616-1617 [PubMed]
- Delewi Ronak, Piek Jan J. Cardiac catheterisation: radiation for radialists Lancet 2015;386 (10009):2123-2124 [PubMed]
- van de Hoef Tim P., Siebes Maria, Spaan Jos A. E., Piek Jan J. Fundamentals in clinical coronary physiology: why coronary flow is more important than coronary pressure European heart journal 2015;36 (47):3312-339a [PubMed]
Prof. J.J. Piek PhD (Diagnosis and Treatment of Coronary Syndromes)
Diagnosis and treatment of coronary syndromes (PI: Prof. Dr. J.J. Piek)
This part of the research field on diagnosis and treatment of coronary syndromes involves a close collaboration between preclinical and clinical disciplines with emphasis on a translational program on the topics coronary and left ventricular hemodynamics, clinical arteriogenesis and inflammatory response in acute myocardial infarction. The clinical studies on the aforementioned topics are evaluated using non-invasive (perfusion scintigraphy, magnetic resonance imaging) and invasive diagnostic techniques.
Coronary hemodynamics. The introduction of new invasive diagnostic parameters for evaluation of coronary lesion severity has led to a revival of this research field conducted in close collaboration with PHILIPS/VOLCANO. This development has also led to in a worldwide collaborative network between centers of excellence on this topic of interest (DEFINE FLOW study). The current focus is on the interaction between epicardial and microvascular involvement in coronary syndromes. A part of this research in cardiogenic shock has been granted by a FP7 grant.
Clinical arteriogenesis. The focus on therapeutic arteriogenesis involves improvement of non-invasive quantification methods (EMINENCE project, CTMM), as well as evaluation of signaling pathways to identify new pro-arteriogenic targets for testing in clinical studies (ANTARCTICA-study).
Inflammatory response in acute myocardial infarction. The focus is on adjuvant therapy in acute myocardial infarction. The results of the HEBE trial, a Dutch multicenter study on cell therapy in the treatment of AMI was coordinated at the AMC. The results of this trial emphasize the role of monocytes as key players in the inflammatory response in acute coronary syndromes that is evaluated in both animal and clinical studies in close collaboration between the VUMC, and the Harvard Medical School.
R. Delewi MD PhD
T.P. van de Hoef MD PhD
- Daiichi Sankyo Inc.
- European Cardiovascular Research Institute (ECRI)
- Guerbet Nederland BV
- IC Consultants Ltd.
- NIEUWE DEB IND
- Philips Medical Systems Nederland B.V.
- SYNTACTX EUROPE
- Volcano Corporation
- Volcano Europe BVBA/SPRL