- Ramiro Sofia, Stolwijk Carmen, van Tubergen Astrid, van der Heijde Désirée, Dougados Maxime, van den Bosch Filip, Landewé Robert Evolution of radiographic damage in ankylosing spondylitis: a 12 year prospective follow-up of the OASIS study Annals of the rheumatic diseases 2015;74 (1):52-59 [PubMed]
- Landewé R., Braun J., Deodhar A., Dougados M., Maksymowych W. P., Mease P. J., Reveille J. D., Rudwaleit M., van der Heijde D., Stach C., Hoepken B., Fichtner A., Coteur G., de Longueville M., Sieper J. Efficacy of certolizumab pegol on signs and symptoms of axial spondyloarthritis including ankylosing spondylitis: 24-week results of a double-blind randomised placebo-controlled Phase 3 study Annals of the rheumatic diseases 2014;73 (1):39-47 [PubMed]
- Ramiro Sofia, van der Heijde Désirée, van Tubergen Astrid, Stolwijk Carmen, Dougados Maxime, van den Bosch Filip, Landewé Robert Higher disease activity leads to more structural damage in the spine in ankylosing spondylitis: 12-year longitudinal data from the OASIS cohort Annals of the rheumatic diseases 2014;73 (8):1455-1461 [PubMed]
- Ramiro Sofia, Gaujoux-Viala Cécile, Nam Jackie L., Smolen Josef S., Buch Maya, Gossec Laure, van der Heijde Désirée, Winthrop Kevin, Landewé Robert Safety of synthetic and biological DMARDs: a systematic literature review informing the 2013 update of the EULAR recommendations for management of rheumatoid arthritis Annals of the rheumatic diseases 2014;73 (3):529-535 [PubMed]
- van der Heijde Désirée, Machado Pedro, Braun Jürgen, Hermann Kay-Geert A., Baraliakos Xenofon, Hsu Benjamin, Baker Daniel, Landewé Robert MRI inflammation at the vertebral unit only marginally predicts new syndesmophyte formation: a multilevel analysis in patients with ankylosing spondylitis Annals of the rheumatic diseases 2012;71 (3):369-373 [PubMed]
Robert Landewe is a profesor in rheumatology at the Academic Medical Center /University of Amsterdam, and a consultant in rheumatology at the Atrium Medical Center in Heerlen.
He received his medical degree from Maastricht University in 1990, and defended his thesis on cyclosporine treatment in 1994 in the Leiden University. He received practical training in general internal medicine and rheumatology in Heerlen and Maastricht.
Currently, he is involved in outcome research and epidemiological research in the field of rheumatology, with a focus on spondyloarthritis and imaging. He has extensive experience in the design and analysis of clinical trials and has a special interest in medical statistics. Professor Landewe has authored or co-authored more than 250 articles, and many book chapters in all leading rheumatology text books, covering different topics, but with an emphasis on clinical epidemiology, methodology, statistics, and guideline development. He is a regular reviewer for several general medicine, rheumatology and epidemiology journals.
Professor Landewe is executive committee member of OMERACT (outcome measures in rheumatology clinical trials), president of the Assessment in Spondyloarthritis International Society (ASAS) and executive board member of the MERIT/METOER foundation (monitoring in rheumatology)
Prof. R.B.M. Landewe PhD (Research programme of Clinics and Clinical Physics)
S. van Genderen