Publications Dr. J.C. Villaudy PhD
- Main activities
- Humanized mouse system
- Focus of research
I focus my research on the use of humanized mice in several field of biomedical research. These mice are able to develop human immune system that makes them a great model to study pathologies involving the immune system.
In collaboration with other department of the AMC, I use these mice to study cardiovascular diseases, immuno-oncology and virology.
COBRA (CO-morBidity in Relation to AIDS) is a UE-funded project aiming at better understanding the link between HIV infection, antiretroviral therapy and the developement of Age-associated non communicable comorbidities. Within this project, I am trying to establish the causative effect of HIV infection and antiretroviral therapy on metabolic, immunologic and ageing changes using a humanized mouse model. Those mice are susceptible to HIV infection and therapy.
- van der Velden Y, Villaudy J, Siteur-Van Rijnstra E, van der Linden C, Franklin E, Weijer K, Schermer E, Vink M, Berkhout B, Sanders RW, van Gils M, Short Communication: Protective Efficacy of Broadly Neutralizing Antibody PGDM1400 Against HIV-1 Challenge in Humanized Mice. AIDS RES HUM RETROV 2018;34 (9):790-793 [PubMed]
- Bal SM, Bernink JH, Nagasawa M, Groot J, Shikhagaie MM, Golebski K , van Drunen CM, Lutter R, Jonkers RE, Hombrink P, Bruchard M, Villaudy J, Munneke JM, Fokkens W, Erjefält JS, Spits H, Ros XR, IL-1β, IL-4 and IL-12 control the fate of group 2 innate lymphoid cells in human airway inflammation in the lungs. NAT IMMUNOL 2016;17 (6):636-645 [PubMed]
- Bernink JH, Krabbendam L, Germar K, de Jong E, Gronke K, Kofoed-Nielsen M, Munneke JM, Hazenberg MD, Villaudy J, Buskens CJ, Bemelman WA, Diefenbach A, Blom B, Spits H, Interleukin-12 and -23 Control Plasticity of CD127(+) Group 1 and Group 3 Innate Lymphoid Cells in the Intestinal Lamina Propria. IMMUNITY 2015;43 (1):146-160 [PubMed]
- Pérès E, Bagdassarian E, This S, Villaudy J, Rigal D, Gazzolo L, Duc Dodon M, From Immunodeficiency to Humanization: The Contribution of Mouse Models to Explore HTLV-1 Leukemogenesis. VIRUSES-BASEL 2015;7 (12):6371-6386 [PubMed]
- Villaudy J, Schotte R, Legrand N, Spits H, Critical assessment of human antibody generation in humanized mouse models. J IMMUNOL METHODS 2014;410:18-27 [PubMed]