- van Valburg Mariëlle K., Sesmu Arbous M., Georgieva Milena, Brealey David A., Singer Mervyn, Geerts Bart F. Clinical predictors of survival and functional outcome of stroke patients admitted to critical care Critical care medicine 2018;46 (7):1085-1092 [PubMed]
- Geerts B. F., Veelo D. P. Postoperative fluid therapy on the ward: another job for anaesthetists? British journal of anaesthesia 2018;120 (2):205-206 [PubMed]
- de Wit F., van Vliet A. L., de Wilde R. B., Jansen J. R., Vuyk J., Aarts L. P., de Jonge E., Veelo D. P., Geerts B. F. The effect of propofol on haemodynamics: cardiac output, venous return, mean systemic filling pressure, and vascular resistances British journal of anaesthesia 2016;116 (6):784-789 [PubMed]
- Geerts Bart F., Mungroop Timothy H., Besselink Marc G., van Gulik Thomas M., Sonnema Anne Josephine M., Veelo Denise P. What Is a Good Perioperative Intravenous Fluid Therapy in Liver Surgery? Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2016;222 (1):97 [PubMed]
- Wijnberge M., Schenk J., Terwindt L. E., Mulder M. P., Hollmann M. W., Vlaar A. P., Veelo D. P., Geerts B. F. The use of a machine-learning algorithm that predicts hypotension during surgery in combination with personalized treatment guidance: study protocol for a randomized clinical trial Trials 2019;20 (1) [PubMed]
Education/training: 1. MSc in Biomedical Sciences from University of Leiden, 2. MD from University of Leiden, 3. PhD in intensive care medicine wirth a focus on basic human and experimental animal hemodynamic physiology from University of Leiden, 4. MBA from IE University in Madrid (Spain, a global top ten business school), 5/6/7 Board certified Anaesthetist, Intensivist and clinical pharmacologist.
Work experience: Bart worked at the World Health Organisation, LUMC (advisor to the board and many other positions), OLVG, Center for Human Drug Research (project leader) Rijnland ziekenhuis, AMC, University College London (Clinical and research in ICU)
Research focus: Bart has worked in his particular field of research since 12 years. He has worked at LUMC (Medicine training, Biomedical sciences trianing, PhD in ICU), UCLH in London (to perform two published studies in ICU with Prof Singer) and currently at AMC as a anaesthesiology staff member where he was/is the co-supervisor to over a dozen PhD students inside the AMC and concurrently in other academic institutions as well. He has grossed millions of euros to fund this research from government, non-profit foundations and different enterprises. He is specialised in both smaller human and animal physiology trials, and larger clinical multicenter trials. The latest projects involve an RCT in ICU with over a thousand patients into prediction of low blood pressure to allow proactive treatment using AI to improve clinical outxome, and another RCT with multiple Dutch Academic Centers again focusing on blod pressure management as a succesful fellow-lead ZonMW applicant 'Goed Gebruik Geneesmiddelen'. He works with national and international scientific partners and organisations, also together with Dr Denise Veelo and Dr Alexander Vlaar, he works closely with other AMC departments like cardiology, cardiac surgery and ICU to create new concepts and test them.
Prof. B. Preckel MA MD PhD (Patient safety, procedural sedation, cardiovascular protection, optimizing perioperative metabolism, cerebral perfusion, Wireless Monitoring)