- Hoving Jan L., van Zwieten Myra C. B., van der Meer Marrit, Sluiter Judith K., Frings-Dresen Monique H. W. Work participation and arthritis: a systematic overview of challenges, adaptations and opportunities for interventions Rheumatology (Oxford, England) 2013;52 (7):1254-1264 [PubMed]
- Oosterhuis Teddy, Smaardijk Veerle R., Kuijer P. Paul F. M., Langendam Miranda W., Frings-Dresen Monique H. W., Hoving Jan L. Systematic review of prognostic factors for work participation in patients with sciatica Occupational and environmental medicine 2019;76 (10):772-779 [PubMed]
- Hoving Jan L., Lacaille Diane, Urquhart Donna M., Hannu Timo J., Sluiter Judith K., Frings-Dresen Monique H. W. Non-pharmacological interventions for preventing job loss in workers with inflammatory arthritis Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online) 2014;2014 (11):CD010208 [PubMed]
- Kok Rob, Verbeek Jos A. H. M., Faber Babs, van Dijk Frank J. H., Hoving Jan L. A search strategy to identify studies on the prognosis of work disability: a diagnostic test framework BMJ open 2015;5 (5):e006315 [PubMed]
- Barth Jürgen, de Boer Wout E. L., Busse Jason W., Hoving Jan L., Kedzia Sarah, Couban Rachel, Fischer Katrin, von Allmen David Y., Spanjer Jerry, Kunz Regina Inter-rater agreement in evaluation of disability: systematic review of reproducibility studies BMJ (Clinical research ed.) 2017;356:j14 [PubMed]
2005 - present:
Assistant Professor / Senior Researcher. Coronel Institute of Occupational Health, AMC, Netherlands and Research Center for Insurance Medicine AMC-UMCG-UWV-VUmc, Netherlands. During this time also:
- 2019 - Present: Cochrane Work. Director Amsterdam Satellite Cochrane Work, Deputy Coordinating Editor Cochrane Work (0.2 Fte)
- 2017 - Present: Cochrane Insurance Medicine. Field Director Netherlands, Deputy director Cochrane Insurance Medicine (0.1 Fte)
- 2010 - Present: Coördinator Academic centers of Dutch Social Security Agency (Academische Werkplaats UWV – AMC)
Senior Research Fellow. Monash University Department of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine (DEPM - https://www.monash.edu/medicine/sphpm/epidemiology), Melbourne Australia and Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Cabrini Hospital, Melbourne, Australia. Coordinator Healthwise cohort study team
PhD researcher. Institute for Research in Extramural Care (EMGO-Institute), Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre (VUmc), Amsterdam, Netherlands. PhD- project ‘The efficacy and costs of manual therapy, physiotherapy and usual care treatment by the general practitioner for non-specific neck pain: a randomised clinical trial’ (Published in Annals of Internal Medicine, British Medical Journal). Jan Hoving received Heert Dokter Prijs by NHG / Dutch College of General Practitioners in 2004 for the best paper /research project published in the Dutch Journal for GPs in 2004. Funding: NWO and Fund for Investigative Medicine - OG. Institute for Research in Extramural Care (EMGO-Institute), Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre (VUmc), Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Physical therapist at SW Florida Regional Medical Center, Ft. Myers, USA and Rehabilitation Center “Sea Pines”, Melbourne, USA.
- 1996: Registered Epidemiologist, The Netherlands.
- 1993-1995: Master’s degree in Health Sciences, Maastricht University, The Netherlands. Diploma Cum Laude.
- 1991-1992: Manual Therapy Certification. S.V. Paris, Exam certificate. St. Augustine, USA
- 1990: Florida State Board Exam physical therapy: registered physical therapist in Florida, USA.
- 1986-1990: Physical Therapy. Leidse Hogeschool voor Beroepsonderwijs. Leiden, The Netherlands.
Citation scores JL Hoving (23-08-2019)
- H-Index (web of science): 31 (http://www.researcherid.com/rid/O-2235-2013)
- H-Index (Google scholar): 36 (http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=jUlYv_AAAAAJ&hl=nl )
- Research gate: 38,8 (http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan_Hoving)
- 2015 Price for supervising best PhD thesis produced within Research center for insurance medicine (KCVG) in past 10 years (PhD student Rob Kok: EBM in Insurance Medicine)
- 2004 Heert Dokter Price. Dutch College of General Practitioner (NHG) 2004 prize for the best paper /research project published in the Dutch Journal for GPs in 2004.
- 2001 Annual research prize for research project ‘The value of MR imaging, radiograph and ultrasound in early rheumatoid arthritis’. Annual Cabrini Research day. Melbourne, Australia.
Teaching experience & other:
- Member of Cochrane Knowledge Translation group on prioritization (2018 – present)
- Member Cochrane Cervical Overview Group, Cochrane (2001 - 2018)
COMET (Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials) Initiative: ongoing
- Project leader for development Core Outcome Set on Work Participation (www.comet-initiative.org/studies/details/1195)
Current guideline development (Netherlands)
- Coordinator & project leader Dutch Occupational Health Guideline on Low Back Pain and Sciatica (ongoing)
Course Coordination and teaching: ongoing
- Coordinator NFU Master program Quality and Safety, module 4 (Doeltreffende zorg /EBM) at AMC (2 days). https://nfukwaliteit.nl/programmas/onderwijs-in-kwaliteit/nfu-master-kwaliteit-en-veiligheid-in-de-patientenzorg/
- Coordinator & teacher: Evidence Based Medicine (EBM): yearly 5 day EBM course for insurance physicians that perform disability assessments (Insurance Medicine). This program was also scientifically evaluated for its effectiveness (Kok et al 2013). Building on the success of this program for more than 130 Dutch insurance physicians we have continued this program (both research and teaching) on a yearly basis .
- Teaching at Graduate school AMC, course Systematic Reviews (4 days) for 3 x a year (start January 2019: course leader M. Langendam)
- Teaching methodology (AV: Academische Vorming) & Occupational Health topics Medicine at AMC for medical students
- Thesis assessor Netherlands School of Public an Occupational Health (www.NSPOH.nl)
J.L. Hoving BSc MSc PhD (Promoties)
Prof. M.H.W. Frings-Dresen PhD (Occupational Diseases; Etiology and prevention of work-related diseases)
Prof. J.K. Sluiter PhD (Medical selection and medical guidance of workers)
- Stichting Instituut GAK