- Marquering Henk A., van Ooij Pim, Streekstra Geert J., Schneiders Joppe J., Majoie Charles B., VanBavel Ed, Nederveen Aart J. Multiscale flow patterns within an intracranial aneurysm phantom IEEE transactions on bio-medical engineering 2011;58 (12):3447-3450 [PubMed]
- Three-dimensional sensitivity kernels for finite-frequency traveltimes: the banana-doughnut paradox GEOPHYSICAL JOURNAL INTERNATIONAL 1999;137 (3):805-815
- Santos Emilie M. M., Dankbaar Jan Willem, Treurniet Kilian M., Horsch Alexander D., Roos Yvo B., Kappelle L. Jaap, Niessen Wiro J., Majoie Charles B., Velthuis Birgitta, Marquering Henk A., Duijm L. E., Keizer K., van der Lugt A., Dippel D. W., Droogh-de Greeve K. E., Bienfait H. P., van Walderveen M. A., Wermer M. J., Lycklama à Nijeholt G. J., Boiten J., Duyndam D., Kwa I. V., Meijer J. F., van Dijk E. J., Kesselring F. O., Hofmeijer J., Vos J. A., Schonewille W. J., van Rooij W. J., de Kort P. L., Pleiter C. C., Bakker S. L., Bot J., Visser M. C., van der Schaaf I. C., Mali W. P., van Seeters T., Niesten J. M., Biessels G. J., Luitse M. J., van der Graaf Y. Permeable Thrombi Are Associated With Higher Intravenous Recombinant Tissue-Type Plasminogen Activator Treatment Success in Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation 2016;47 (8):2058-2065 [PubMed]
- Bucker Amber, Boers Anna M., Bot Joseph C. J., Berkhemer Olvert A., Lingsma Hester F., Yoo Albert J., van Zwam Wim H., van Oostenbrugge Robert J., van der Lugt Aad, Dippel Diederik W. J., Roos Yvo B. W. E. M., Majoie Charles B. L. M., Marquering Henk A. Associations of Ischemic Lesion Volume With Functional Outcome in Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke: 24-Hour Versus 1-Week Imaging Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation 2017;48 (5):1233-1240 [PubMed]
- Elattar M. A., Wiegerinck E. M., Planken R. N., VanBavel E., van Assen H. C., Baan J., Marquering H. A. Automatic segmentation of the aortic root in CT angiography of candidate patients for transcatheter aortic valve implantation Medical & biological engineering & computing 2014;52 (7):611-618 [PubMed]
Henk Marquering defended his PhD at the Utrecht University in 1996 on Surface-wave mode coupling: Modelling and inverting waveforms including body-wave phases. He continued his work on theoretical seismology as a post-doc in Princeton University. Here he worked on the rather controversial "banana-doughnut kernels".
He returned to the Netherlands in 1998 to work as a researcher in the R&D department of Oce. During the 5 years that he worked here his focus was on document analysis, and image processing, most noticeably on the segmentation of Japanese newspapers.
In 2003 he joined the LKEB department of the LUMC. Here he started working on the segmentation of coronary arteries in multi-slice CT images. His work resulted in a market introduction of Medis software on CT based stenosis quantification of carotid arteries.
In 2008 he joined 3mensio as a researcher/programmer where he mainly worked on the introduction of 3mensio's software for the measurements for sizing and patient selection for the transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI).
In September he started at the Radiology department and the Biomedical Engineering and Physics department of the Amsterdam UMC, location AMC. He is currently an associate professor and principal investigator in cardiovascular imaging and image analysis. Part of his research focusses on the application of machine learning and artifical intellligence for the analysis of radiological images. He was involved in 4 CARISMA and 1 HTSM STW projects. He was project leader of PAPAVER and the NutsOhra funded project Q-SAB. He is and was involved in multiple ITEA projects sucha as MEDUSA , 3Dpathology, Medolution, and PARTNER. Henk is also co-chairing the H2020 project INSIST forcussing on In-silico clinical trials for treatment of stroke. Recently he also got involved in two securiy-based H2020 projects; Safecare and Asclepios.
Henk is a cofounder of Nico-lab, an AMC spin-off AI company that focusses on the automated analysis of images of patients suspected of stroke. With Nico.lab the AMC has succesfully set up awarded collaborative projects such as STW take off (1 and 2), ANIMATIONS, BRAINS, ARCADES.
Henk Marquering is (co)author of over 125 peer-reviewed papers, has a H-factor of 32 (google scholar) and has two patents on the segmentation of japanese newspaper: Segmenting an image via a graph; Patent number: 7570811 and Segmenting an image via shortest cycles; Patent number: 7529407.
PhD H.A. Marquering (Cardiovascular image analysis)
My research focuses on the application of Artificial Intelligence for quantitative image analysis for (1) computer aided diagnosis, (2) treatment selection, (3) minimal invasive treatment planning, and (4) improving prognostics. Within this field, I have a special interest in neurovascular image analysis and ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke.
Prof. MD PhD C.B.L.M. Majoie (Neuroradiology, Neurovascular diseases: imaging and endovascular treatment of acute stroke)
Medewerkers buiten research programmes van afdeling Biomedical Engineering and Physics
Medewerkers buiten research programmes van afdeling Radiologie
MD PhD J. Baan (Transcatheter Heart Valve Interventions)
- Crediteurenadm. VUmc, p/a Profource Service Center
- Europese Unie
- Life Sciences Health TKI
- Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland
- Stichting Cure for Cancer
- Technologiestichting STW