- Demi Libertario, van Sloun Ruud J. G., Wijkstra Hessel, Mischi Massimo Towards Dynamic Contrast Specific Ultrasound Tomography Scientific reports 2016;6:34458 [PubMed]
- Postema Arnoud W., Frinking Peter J. A., Smeenge Martijn, de Reijke Theo M., de La Rosette Jean J. M. C. H., Tranquart Francois, Wijkstra Hessel Dynamic contrast-enhanced ultrasound parametric imaging for the detection of prostate cancer BJU international 2016;117 (4):598-603 [PubMed]
- Gayet Maudy, van der Aa Anouk, Beerlage Harrie P., Schrier Bart Ph, Mulders Peter F. A., Wijkstra Hessel The value of magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasonography (MRI/US)-fusion biopsy platforms in prostate cancer detection: a systematic review BJU international 2016;117 (3):392-400 [PubMed]
- Russo Giovanna, Mischi Massimo, Scheepens Wout, de la Rosette Jean J., Wijkstra Hessel Angiogenesis in prostate cancer: onset, progression and imaging BJU international 2012;110 (11C):E794-E808 [PubMed]
- Kuenen Maarten P. J., Mischi Massimo, Wijkstra Hessel Contrast-ultrasound diffusion imaging for localization of prostate cancer IEEE transactions on medical imaging 2011;30 (8):1493-1502 [PubMed]
Prof. H. Wijkstra MEng MSc PhD (Minimal invasive technology in diagnoses, therapy and follow-up of uro-oncology)
The main topic is the use of contrast imaging techniques for diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
The project has a strong link to the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). The project leader H. Wijkstra is since 2010 appointed as a part-time professor at the TU/e.
The first focus is angiogenesis imaging for prostate cancer. An advanced dispersion analysis algorithm has been developed at the TU/e and in the AMC we are validating this technique in patients scheduled for biopsies and radical prostatectomies. In the project dispersion analysis of contrast enhanced ultrasound and MRI is performed resulting in multi-modality contrast imaging. First results demonstrate superior results as compared with previous used perfusion techniques.
The clinical validation is further extended to a multi-center study in which e.g. the Catharina Hospital Eindhoven and the Jeroen Bosch Hospital are involved.
The project is supported by several grants inclusing a Dutch Cancer Society grant.
M. Mischi MEng PhD
M. Smeenge MD
A.P. Panfilova MEng
S. Turco MEng
A. van der Aar
R. van Sloun MEng MSc
R.R. Wildeboer MEng