- Bus Sicco A., Waaijman Roelof, Arts Mark, de Haart Mirjam, Busch-Westbroek Tessa, van Baal Jeff, Nollet Frans Effect of custom-made footwear on foot ulcer recurrence in diabetes: a multicenter randomized controlled trial Diabetes care 2013;36 (12):4109-4116 [PubMed]
- Koopman Fieke Sophia, Beelen Anita, Gilhus Nils Erik, de Visser Marianne, Nollet Frans Treatment for postpolio syndrome Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online) 2015;2015 (5):CD007818 [PubMed]
- Koopman Fieke S., Voorn Eric L., Beelen Anita, Bleijenberg Gijs, de Visser Marianne, Brehm Merel A., Nollet Frans No Reduction of Severe Fatigue in Patients With Postpolio Syndrome by Exercise Therapy or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Results of an RCT Neurorehabilitation and neural repair 2016;30 (5):402-410 [PubMed]
- Bickerstaffe A., van Dijk J. P., Beelen A., Zwarts M. J., Nollet F. Loss of motor unit size and quadriceps strength over 10 years in post-polio syndrome Clinical neurophysiology 2014;125 (6):1255-1260 [PubMed]
- Tersteeg Irene M., Koopman Fieke S., Stolwijk-Swüste Janneke M., Beelen Anita, Nollet Frans A 5-Year Longitudinal Study of Fatigue in Patients With Late-Onset Sequelae of Poliomyelitis Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation 2011;92 (6):899-904 [PubMed]
Prof. MD PhD F. Nollet (Improving functioning in complex rehabilitation populations)
My research program includes research in neuromuscular diseases with particular focus on post-polio syndrome for which our department serves as national reference center. Clinical studies include evaluation and optimization of orthotic devices for walking, applied in a broader range of diseases with flaccid paresis. It also includes studies to physiological aspects of training and trainability and furthermore, psychological adaptations to (increasing) disability. As such this spectrum of research apporaches covers the essential elements of multidisciplinary rehabilitation.
Research also includes the consequences of ICU stay, the post-intensive care syndrome (PICS) and rehabilitation interventions to prevent or limit the development of PICS and therapy to recover. These studies are primarily led by dr M van der Schaaf. Furthermore physical therapy related to transition of complex academic hospital populations is studied with prof RH Engelbert as primary investigator.
PhD E.L. Voorn
MD PhD J. Horn (Neurology on the Intensive Care Unit)
- Crediteurenadm. VUmc, p/a Profource Service Center
- Fior & Gentz Orthopдdietechnik
- Grifols Shared Services NA, Inc.
- IQVIA RDS Netherlands B.V.
- Pharmaceutical Research Associates Group B.V.
- Post-Polio Health International
- Prinses Beatrix Spierfonds
- Stichting ALS Nederland