- van Nierop FS, Scheltema MJ, Eggink HM, Pols TW, Sonne DP, Knop FK, Soeters MR, Clinical relevance of the bile acid receptor TGR5 in metabolism. LANCET DIABETES ENDO 2017;5 (3):224-233 [PubMed]
- Sonne DP, van Nierop FS, Kulik W, Soeters MR, Vilsbøll T, Knop FK, Postprandial Plasma Concentrations of Individual Bile Acids and FGF-19 in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes. J CLIN ENDOCR METAB 2016;101 (8):3002-3009 [PubMed]
- Schooneman MG, ten Have GAM, van Vlies N, Houten SM, Deutz NEP, Soeters MR, Transorgan fluxes in a porcine model reveal a central role for liver in acylcarnitine metabolism. AM J PHYSIOL-ENDOC M 2015;309 (3):E256-E264 [PubMed]
- Schooneman MG, Vaz FM, Houten SM, Soeters MR, Acylcarnitines: reflecting or inflicting insulin resistance?. DIABETES 2013;62 (1):1-8 [PubMed]
- Soeters MR, Soeters PB, Schooneman MG, Houten SM, Romijn JA, Adaptive reciprocity of lipid and glucose metabolism in human short-term starvation. AM J PHYSIOL-ENDOC M 2012;303 (12):E1397-E1407 [PubMed]
Maarten Soeters (1975) is an endocrinologist who is interested in translating basal research to the human situation. He studied at the University of Amsterdam where he also commenced training in internal medicine. He obtained his PhD in 2008 on the metabolic response to short-term fasting. The thesis included human translational work with stable isotopes and different clamp techniques.
After finishing his training he worked as an post-doc at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom (2011-2014) where he investigated the thermogenic response to cold and food components and the involved central and peripheral mechanisms that regulate thermogenesis and energy expenditure. This post-doc was funded by the Marie-Curie EU grant.
After rejoining the Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism of the Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam, he focused on acylcarnitine and bile acid metabolism (funded by an AMC PhD scholarship and the dutch Diabetes Foundation respectively). His primary interest is to increase the understanding of the postprandial metabolic and endocrine mechanisms that are important for a normal anabolic response. Additionally he is interested in total parenteral nutrition and the (patho)physiology of insulin resistance. Also patient care and teaching are core tasks of his appointment.
In 2015 he joined the editorial board of the journal "Clinical Nutrition".
Please visit the website: http://metabolism.maartensoeters.nl
- Membership of editorial board / Editorship, CLINICAL NUTRITION