- D'Haens Geert, Baert Filip, van Assche Gert, Caenepeel Philip, Vergauwe Philippe, Tuynman Hans, de Vos Martine, van Deventer Sander, Stitt Larry, Donner Allan, Vermeire Severine, van de Mierop Frank J., Coche Jean-Charles R., van der Woude Janneke, Ochsenkühn Thomas, van Bodegraven Ad A., van Hootegem Philippe P., Lambrecht Guy L., Mana Fazia, Rutgeerts Paul, Feagan Brian G., Hommes Daniel Early combined immunosuppression or conventional management in patients with newly diagnosed Crohn's disease: an open randomised trial Lancet 2008;371 (9613):660-667 [PubMed]
- D'Haens Geert R., Vermeire Severine, van Assche Gert, Noman Maja, Aerden Isolde, van Olmen Gust, Rutgeerts Paul Therapy of metronidazole with azathioprine to prevent postoperative recurrence of Crohn's disease: a controlled randomized trial Gastroenterology 2008;135 (4):1123-1129 [PubMed]
- D'Haens G., Lemmens L., Geboes K., Vandeputte L., van Acker F., Mortelmans L., Peeters M., Vermeire S., Penninckx F., Nevens F., Hiele M., Rutgeerts P. Intravenous cyclosporine versus intravenous corticosteroids as single therapy for severe attacks of ulcerative colitis Gastroenterology 2001;120 (6):1323-1329 [PubMed]
- D'Haens G., van Deventer S., van Hogezand R., Chalmers D., Kothe C., Baert F., Braakman T., Schaible T., Geboes K., Rutgeerts P. Endoscopic and histological healing with infliximab anti-tumor necrosis factor antibodies in Crohn's disease: A European multicenter trial Gastroenterology 1999;116 (5):1029-1034 [PubMed]
- D'Haens G. R., Geboes K., Peeters M., Baert F., Penninckx F., Rutgeerts P. Early lesions of recurrent Crohn's disease caused by infusion of intestinal contents in excluded ileum Gastroenterology 1998;114 (2):262-267 [PubMed]
Prof. PhD G.R.A.M. D'Haens (CHRONIC INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASES)
The IBD centre of the Academic Medical Centre (AMC) in Amsterdam is a referral centre for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), mainly Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Historically, the AMC has been spearheading many new developments in this field. The basis of this success are the tight connections between the laboratories and the clinics, so that the results of basic research are fluently translated into clinical applications. One of the most significant events, in this regard, was the first successful treatment of a young patient with desperate Crohn’s disease with anti-TNF antibodies. The development of these and other antibodies, as well as many other novel ‘biologic approaches’ to IBD has led to a rapid expansion of research efforts and clinical trials, eventually offering a better outlook to patients with these debilitating conditions.
It is our mission at the AMC to further contribute to IBD research in combination with optimal patient care offered in close collaboration between adult and paediatric gastroenterologists, abdominal surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, nurse specialists and trial coordinators. Our services are available to patients, patient and research organizations and biomedical industries at all times via clinic or telephone visits or via webcontact.
ONGOING RESEARCH focuses on the measurement of inflammatory load in IBD and adjustment of treatment accordingly, pharmakokinetics of antiinflammatory antibodies, triggers for fibrosis, new diagnostic modalities for IBD including camera pills, MRI scans and nuclear scans, light wave therapy for inflammation and the role of Vitamin D to prevent inflammation.
PhD K.B. Gecse
PhD M.A. Samaan
Prof. PhD R.A.A. Mathot (Population pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PK-PD) research)
- AbbVie B.V.
- Atlantic Healthcare plc/Atlantic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- BUHLMANN Laboratories AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim BV
- CROMSOURCE Sri
- Celgene Int. Sarl c/o PPD Investigator Services, LLC
- Celgene International Il Sаrl
- Celgene International Sarl
- Covance International Holdings B.V.
- Covidien AG
- Dr. Falk Pharma Benelux B.V.
- Eli Lilly Cork Limited
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Ergomed Clinical Research PLC
- European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation-ECCO
- Europese Unie
- Gilead Sciences
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline BV
- GlaxoSmithKline Research & Development Ltd.
- Helmsley Charitable Trust
- ICON Clinical Research Ltd.
- IOIBD Scientific Secretariat
- IQVIA RDS Netherlands B.V.
- Janssen Cilag B.V.
- KU Leuven
- MAPI S.A.S. - RWE
- Maag-Darm Stichting
- Ministerie van Defensie (Den Helder)
- NIEUWE DEB IND
- PAREXEL International (IRL) Limited
- Personeelsproject - Industrie
- Pfizer Inc.
- ProciseDx Inc
- Progenity, Inc.
- Robarts Clinical Trials B.V,
- Robarts Clinical Trials Inc.
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies, Inc.
- Stichting AMC Foundation
- Takeda Nederland bv
- UMC St. Radboud