The Amsterdam UMC Fellowship (formerly known as AMC Fellowship) has as goal to attract very talented researchers to the Amsterdam UMC, who are able to set up their own research group.
From 2012 on the Amsterdam UMC Fellowship will be an awarded tenure track and will follow the criteria of the AMC Tenure Track.
There is one Amsterdam UMC Fellowship available on a yearly basis and will be advertised on the AMC vacancy site.
The fellowship consists of €750,000 for the full term of five years (less for a shorter period, on a pro rata basis). In this sum the salary of the fellow, the salary of a PhD student and/or their bench-fees are included.
The selection of the Amsterdam UMC Fellowship will start after a set deadline (one per year) to stimulate competition. A selection procedure will only take place if there is a sufficient number of suitable candidates and a nomination will only take place if candidates who meet the criteria can be selected. The fellowship has to be accepted or declined within three months after formal approval.
-Prestigious personal grant laureates at midcareer level. For example a (nearly) successful completion of a prestigious personal grant at junior postdoc level (NWO VI Veni) or an active VIDI, ERC Starting/ Consolidator grant or equivalent.
- Alignment of their esearch topic with one of the eight research institutes of Amsterdam UMC (https://www.amsterdamumc.org/research.htm)
- Excellent publication record
- Experience in research management
- Demonstrable affinity with education
- Experience abroad
The Amsterdam UMC fellowship is not open for Amsterdam UMC researchers with a permanent (fixed) position.
The Amsterdam UMC fellowship vacancy will reopen beginning of February 2021. The deadline for applications is Friday March 26th 2021 at noon. The vacancy will be published at https://werkenbijamc.nl/.
To apply for this Fellowship: please fill in the application form (download below) with your research proposal and CV. This application form, together with a letter of support from the head of the hosting department at Amsterdam UMC, can be mailed to email@example.com
Download application form Amsterdam UMC fellowship:
- Deadline application: 26-03-2021 12 noon
- Pre-selection by Amsterdam UMC Fellowship Committee: beginning of April 2021
- Review phase: End of April - beginning of May 2021
- Rebuttal phase: last two weeks of May 2021
- Selection for interviews by the Committe: beginning of June 2021
- Invitation for the interview round: Third week of June 2021
- Interviews: Friday July 9th between 2 and 5 pm
For questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org