Information about the course Project Management.
Managing a PhD project can be a difficult task. At the start of the project it seems as if there is an infinite amount of time to get the work done. However, that feeling is often replaced by nervousness when PhD candidates discover that much still needs to be done while time ticks away. This course provides a variety of relevant and practical techniques, to be applied on the students' own research project. The first day of the course focuses on Project Management, the second day on Time Management.
The course runs ten times a year in two one-day sessions on consecutive weeks (9.30 - 17.00 hrs).
- June 21 and 28, 2019 (full)
- August 30 and September 6, 2019 (full)
- September 27 and October 11, 2019 (full)
- November 1 and 8, 2019 (full)
- December 13 and 20, 2019 (full)
- January 10 and 17, 2020 (full)
- February 7 and 14, 2020 (full)
- March 6 and 13, 2020 (full)
- April 1 and 8, 2020 (full)
- May 9 and 15, 2020 (English edition)(full)
- June 19 and 26, 2020 (waiting list)
Participants learn about goal setting, planning, milestones, decision moments, intermediate tasks definition, monitoring time wasters and time management. In all, this course will help participants in taking better control of their PhD research project.
AMC PhD candidates.
The course is given in Dutch. The courses in December 2017 and May/June 2018 are given in English.
A certificate is issued. Attendance is registered.
16 hours, which is comparable to 0.6 ECTS points.
Number of participants:
Maximum 10 per course.
No charge for registered AMC PhD candidates.
Drs. Mark Holthuis.
From the AMC Graduate School / firstname.lastname@example.org / E2-172 / tel. +31 (0)20 - 566 4618.
AMC Graduate School
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 566 3108