Shipment & Contact
For shipment of samples please use the following address label:
We advise to use FEDEX / TNT for shipment. We experience a lot of delays with deliveries, because parcels are not cleared through customs in time leading to loss of samples.
- A completed test request form is included with the sample(s)
- The name of the requesting physician/department is provided
- The following patient information is provided: first and last name, date of birth and sex
- Specific information is provided to conclude which tests are to b run (test specification and/or relevant clinical and laboratory findings)
- Samples are labeled unambiguously (name, date of birth, sample type and sample date)
- The information provided on the request form and sample information matches. Sample type should coorespond to the requested analysis (e.g. not urine for a plasma analysis)
Samples should arrive Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM and Friday or the day prior to a national holiday before 12:00 AM (GMT+1.00).
Our laboratory is closed on the following holidays:
- New year's day - January 1
- Good Friday - April 15th
- Easter - April 17th and 18th
- Kings day - April 27th
- Liberation day - May 5th (every lustrum)
- Ascension day - May 26th
- Pentecost - June 6th and 7th
- Christmas December 25 and 26
Shipping costs are the responsibility of the referring clinician and/or medical center. Our laboratory does not accept responsibility for shipping costs associated with samples sent to us. Note that this may include additional charges for custom clearings.
For prenatal testing please contact the laboratory before sending samples.
The prices listed are for non-profit organizations only. In case of requests made by other types of organizations, please contact us.
For regular mail only (NOT for sample shipment)
Academic Medical Center
Laboratory Genetic Metabolic Diseases (F0-132)
P.O. Box 22700
1100 DE AMSTERDAM
Phone: +31 20 5665393
Fax: +31 20 6962596
We are committed to provide high-quality service to all our customers. However, when your request is not properly dealt with or you believe we can improve our service, we invite you to contact us with the details using the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org